Stuck in sneak mode (kinda) bug

#1NoobzorLoLoLoLPosted 11/11/2011 10:05:34 AM
What the title says. I'm stuck in the sneak mode animation (crouched) but I'm not actually sneaking (enemies can see me normally and the crosshair is the non-sneaking version). Pressing the sneak button does nothing, remapping it doesn't work, and loading the game doesn't work. Any ideas?
---
The sole purpose of this Sig is to taunt Orcus.
#2mucloudPosted 11/11/2011 10:24:02 AM
make sure you hit the Ctrl button again if that didn't work I kknow i was stuck walking and didn't push a darn thing lol just restart and your fine.
---
Thermaltake Armor+ Full tower black, W7 Windows 7 64bit , Intel DP55KG extreme , Intel i5-650 duo core 3.2GHZ, 600Watt PSU, 8GB RAM, Nividia GTS 450 1gb x2 SLI
#3NoobzorLoLoLoL(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2011 10:41:46 AM
Like I said, hitting the sneak button again does nothing. It's definitely a bug of some sort - I've just gone back to a previous save at this point, but for future reference it'd be great to know if there was a better fix.
---
#4PannerPosted 11/11/2011 10:43:11 AM
My CAPS Lock has to be on for me to run. Then i just hold shift to sneak.
Hope that helps.
---
I'm gonna shove it, and love it, and dance around above it
#5NoobzorLoLoLoL(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2011 10:57:30 AM
Okay, read the first post guys. My character is crouching as though he was sneaking, yet the effects of sneaking are not active. I can still hit caps to toggle run/walk as per normal. The crosshair does not have the sneaking icon. I'm moving at the reduced rate as though I was sneaking (for both walking and running) and cannot actually enter sneak mode, nor make my character stand up.
---
#6PannerPosted 11/11/2011 12:06:18 PM
Ive just realised why you were stuck in sneak mode. You may be over encumbered.
---
I'm gonna shove it, and love it, and dance around above it
#7fieryonePosted 11/12/2011 9:41:40 AM
I figured out a way to get around this bug. I have Skyrim for the PS3, but seeing how you have the same issue that I had (and you have the PC version) I think it should work for you as well.

To fix, I went into the nearest city and activated one of the blacksmith's tools (I used the smelter, but I imagine that any of the tools would produce the same effect). As it changes your character's animation in the third person perspective, it fixed my character from being stuck in a crouched position without receiving the bonuses from sneak mode.

I did not need to make anything, I just needed to activate the tool so that it brought up the menu to begin the smelting process. Once that happened, I backed out of the menu and was able to move around again with no issue.

I hope this helps you out!