How to get to the Grey Beards on the mountain?

#1Links_Big_KeyPosted 11/11/2011 5:16:27 PM
Really early quest. I have tried climbing from every angle I can find. The one possibility I see is that bandit passage (where there is a tall snow-covered staircase leading to a dungeon. This dungeon is too powerful for my character at this point, the enemies are too strong.

I MIGHT be able to grind it out, but if I am gonna take this on at my level, I need to know that it leads to the grey beards, and not just cruddy loot. Anyone know? If it isnt the way, how did you find the grey beards?
#2CB872Posted 11/11/2011 5:18:54 PM
You have to go to the town at the foot of the mountain, I forget the name, but generally go there, and you will get told to climb the seven thousand steps...which I think may be an under exaggeration...
---
If the facts are on your side, pound on the facts. If the rules are on your side, pound on the rules. If neither are on your side, pound on the table.
#3salitardimontePosted 11/11/2011 5:20:14 PM
Go to Ivarstead

Find stairs

Climb stairs

The end
---
Official Poll of the Day Ninja
#4AloneWeStandPosted 11/11/2011 5:29:54 PM
That bandit cave was VERY easy, and I question what you've been doing to not be able to take them. If you were doing the main quest you should have the housecarl, too. But no, that does not lead to the High Hrothgar. You need to follow the road around the mountain and then follow it to Ivarstead. You can't just walk up the mountain to get there. It's about a 15-20 minute journey.
---
Black FC: 0604-6328-1080