This glitch is driving me INSANE! Invisible patches of arm when casting and bow

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. This glitch is driving me INSANE! Invisible patches of arm when casting and bow

User Info: EarlySunrise

EarlySunrise
5 years ago#1
When I'm holding a bow and I look straight down at the ground, I can see right through my player's arm like it's invisible.

This happens at any FOV, but it's even more noticeable when I set the FOVs higher.

Also, when I increase the FOV at all and cast a spell, I can see right through large patches of my character's arm when he casts.

This is driving me insane. I don't want to look at glitchy invisible arms every time I do anything in the game.

Is anyone else having this problem?

User Info: matriarchprotec

matriarchprotec
5 years ago#2
There is a reason it is like that. *SPOILERS*

If you play the main quest long enough, you find out that you are just a pair of disembodied arms because a dragon eats the rest of you.
sig.

EarlySunrise
5 years ago#3
Please leave the topic if you don't have anything relevant to add.

Here is an example:

http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/7219/invisiblearm.jpg

EarlySunrise
5 years ago#4
Come on I can't be the only one this is happening to.

User Info: Kerby

Kerby
5 years ago#5
Sometimes my characters arms just turn a pale blue. No textures. Just pale blue. This game obviously needs to be patched. Hope they fix this stuff soon.

User Info: MahakalaZero

MahakalaZero
5 years ago#6
Kerby posted...
Sometimes my characters arms just turn a pale blue. No textures. Just pale blue. This game obviously needs to be patched. Hope they fix this stuff soon.

Yeah I got this too, I fixed it by updating my graphics drivers (GTX 460)
This is a clear and flagrant violation of the TOS; there is absolutely no question of this. Please re-read the TOS rule in question.

User Info: Kerby

Kerby
5 years ago#7
Yeah, I updated my drivers yesterday after posting. First thing I did before that, was to mess with the settings. It turns out, the anti-aliasing was causing the problem (also eye textures were not showing up).
That's when I figured it might be a driver issue.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. This glitch is driving me INSANE! Invisible patches of arm when casting and bow

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived