This glitch is driving me INSANE! Invisible patches of arm when casting and bow

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. This glitch is driving me INSANE! Invisible patches of arm when casting and bow
4 years ago#1
When I'm holding a bow and I look straight down at the ground, I can see right through my player's arm like it's invisible.

This happens at any FOV, but it's even more noticeable when I set the FOVs higher.

Also, when I increase the FOV at all and cast a spell, I can see right through large patches of my character's arm when he casts.

This is driving me insane. I don't want to look at glitchy invisible arms every time I do anything in the game.

Is anyone else having this problem?
4 years ago#2
There is a reason it is like that. *SPOILERS*

If you play the main quest long enough, you find out that you are just a pair of disembodied arms because a dragon eats the rest of you.
---
sig.
4 years ago#3
Please leave the topic if you don't have anything relevant to add.

Here is an example:

http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/7219/invisiblearm.jpg
4 years ago#4
Come on I can't be the only one this is happening to.
4 years ago#5
Sometimes my characters arms just turn a pale blue. No textures. Just pale blue. This game obviously needs to be patched. Hope they fix this stuff soon.
4 years ago#6
Kerby posted...
Sometimes my characters arms just turn a pale blue. No textures. Just pale blue. This game obviously needs to be patched. Hope they fix this stuff soon.

Yeah I got this too, I fixed it by updating my graphics drivers (GTX 460)
---
This is a clear and flagrant violation of the TOS; there is absolutely no question of this. Please re-read the TOS rule in question.
(edited 0 seconds ago)
4 years ago#7
Yeah, I updated my drivers yesterday after posting. First thing I did before that, was to mess with the settings. It turns out, the anti-aliasing was causing the problem (also eye textures were not showing up).
That's when I figured it might be a driver issue.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. This glitch is driving me INSANE! Invisible patches of arm when casting and bow

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived