This glitch is driving me INSANE! Invisible patches of arm when casting and bow

#1EarlySunrisePosted 11/12/2011 2:27:22 AM
When I'm holding a bow and I look straight down at the ground, I can see right through my player's arm like it's invisible.

This happens at any FOV, but it's even more noticeable when I set the FOVs higher.

Also, when I increase the FOV at all and cast a spell, I can see right through large patches of my character's arm when he casts.

This is driving me insane. I don't want to look at glitchy invisible arms every time I do anything in the game.

Is anyone else having this problem?
#2Matriarch ProtectorPosted 11/12/2011 2:30:22 AM
There is a reason it is like that. *SPOILERS*

If you play the main quest long enough, you find out that you are just a pair of disembodied arms because a dragon eats the rest of you.
---
sig.
#3EarlySunrise(Topic Creator)Posted 11/12/2011 2:33:39 AM
Please leave the topic if you don't have anything relevant to add.

Here is an example:

http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/7219/invisiblearm.jpg
#4EarlySunrise(Topic Creator)Posted 11/12/2011 9:15:09 AM
Come on I can't be the only one this is happening to.
#5KerbyPosted 11/12/2011 9:17:17 AM
Sometimes my characters arms just turn a pale blue. No textures. Just pale blue. This game obviously needs to be patched. Hope they fix this stuff soon.
#6MahakalaZeroPosted 11/12/2011 9:00:17 PM(edited)
Kerby posted...
Sometimes my characters arms just turn a pale blue. No textures. Just pale blue. This game obviously needs to be patched. Hope they fix this stuff soon.

Yeah I got this too, I fixed it by updating my graphics drivers (GTX 460)
---
This is a clear and flagrant violation of the TOS; there is absolutely no question of this. Please re-read the TOS rule in question.
#7KerbyPosted 11/13/2011 12:41:24 PM
Yeah, I updated my drivers yesterday after posting. First thing I did before that, was to mess with the settings. It turns out, the anti-aliasing was causing the problem (also eye textures were not showing up).
That's when I figured it might be a driver issue.