Can't upgrade my Skyforge Steel Dagger?

#1SorgenkammerPosted 11/14/2011 4:39:27 PM
I have the Steel Smithing perk unlocked, and I can upgrade both my Skyforge Steel Sword and Skyforge Steel Axe, but I can't upgrade my Dagger?

What's goin' on here?
---
Roses are green, violets are yellow
Also, I'm colorblind.
#2Rip_Van_WinkleXPosted 11/14/2011 4:40:59 PM
You do not need the perk. Just go to the grinder and upgrade. If you can't upgrade if you do not have the skills. For example. upgrading a dagger may not give much if you do not have much skill points in smithing. But if you have 100 smithing you will upgrade it to the max.
---
GamerTag: RipVanWinkleX
#3weirdnamemikePosted 11/14/2011 4:42:19 PM
How do you make Skyforge weapons? I thought he just makes you one and that's it?
---
Los Angeles Lakers - coming for our 17th championship.
IE is good for one thing, downloading a different browser.
#4ArreiPosted 11/14/2011 4:46:25 PM
Rip_Van_WinkleX posted...
You do not need the perk. Just go to the grinder and upgrade. If you can't upgrade if you do not have the skills. For example. upgrading a dagger may not give much if you do not have much skill points in smithing. But if you have 100 smithing you will upgrade it to the max.

I don't think you got what he was saying, he simply can't upgrade the dagger while he can upgrade the sword and axe just fine.

I got this as well so I just sold the dagger.
#5Sorgenkammer(Topic Creator)Posted 11/14/2011 4:47:31 PM
@weirdnamemike
You can buy more off the Blacksmith!

@Rip_Van_WinkleX
Well, I have the perk anyway, heh. I'm just curious why I can upgrade my *other* Skyforge Steel weapons, but not my dagger.
---
Roses are green, violets are yellow
Also, I'm colorblind.
#6moyashi101Posted 11/14/2011 5:14:40 PM
Check the upgrade requirements.

Sometimes like items have different upgrade requirements.

Also is the dagger enchanted? If that is the case then you do need the appropriate perk.

If neither of those qualify, and its a plain old dagger.... then its a bug probably. There are a few bugs in the smithing aspect of the game.
#7aceraider5Posted 11/16/2011 11:20:33 PM
Sorgenkammer posted...
I have the Steel Smithing perk unlocked, and I can upgrade both my Skyforge Steel Sword and Skyforge Steel Axe, but I can't upgrade my Dagger?

What's goin' on here?

The normal steel dagger I believe is maxed out at the Superior level which gives it a damage of, say 9 (as an example). The skyforge steel dagger is given to you at the same level (also doing 9 damge, in our example) so it seems you get it already maxed b/c it's template weapon doesn't go any further. That sucks and I hope it maybe changes b/c daggers are all I use but that is my guess. I know the other normal steel weapons can be upgrade past superior so that could explain why the skyforge weapons (other than dagger) can be upgraded. You prob receive them in the equivalent state to their counterpart at the superior level, which for the dagger is already maxed out.