Unable to join Thieves Guild. Brynjolf won't go to Ragged Flagon.

#1GendonutPosted 11/14/2011 6:47:50 PM
I have seen others with this issue on these forums but it seems no one has figured out a 100% fix as of yet and I haven't seen a new thread about it in a while.

The problem is that after you complete the quest where you plant Madesi's ring Brynjolf never shows up at the ragged flagon.

I have killed/resurrected him, used the console to give myself another ring and plant it again, and I've waited until early morning hours outside and inside the city.

Bottom line is he never moves from his stand in the marketplace and the croud is till around him day and night in the same positions as the ring quest.

has anyone as of yet found a fix for this terrible bug?
#2zcicecoldPosted 11/14/2011 6:49:03 PM
I had the problem too, but I talked to him again in the market and he just walked right down to the tavern after that.
---
"Also, you gotta give Johnny Cage props for going into fairy-tale land and pretty much taking on monsters." - Kush_n_OJ
#3Gendonut(Topic Creator)Posted 11/14/2011 6:50:12 PM
zcicecold posted...
I had the problem too, but I talked to him again in the market and he just walked right down to the tavern after that.

I wish that worked for me. I have talked to him a number of times at all different times of day.
#4kanetaylor69Posted 11/14/2011 6:54:08 PM
At the risk of sounding like an idiot, I've failed this quest a few times in a row....
Any advice? The guards keep seeing me. I don't know if my sneak skill is too low or what?
#5Gendonut(Topic Creator)Posted 11/14/2011 7:09:23 PM
kanetaylor69 posted...
At the risk of sounding like an idiot, I've failed this quest a few times in a row....
Any advice? The guards keep seeing me. I don't know if my sneak skill is too low or what?

When you go to steal the actual ring just crouch in front of the sliding door and wait until you're hidden (you will be eventually even if only for a second.) After you have the ring go behind the boxes the guy is sitting on and crouch down. Move around until you are hidden and then plant it. If you have a low % chance of planting the ring then make a save right before you plant it and keep reloading until you're successful.
#6The_Undying_84Posted 11/14/2011 7:22:36 PM
He's involved in some other quests, perhaps talking to him about those will get him to do something.

Spoilers I guess:
One of those in in the main quest line. Not terribly far into it.
---
PSN: TheUndying84
MGO: Eric84
#7Gendonut(Topic Creator)Posted 11/15/2011 4:53:27 AM
bump