Werewolf Build? :)

#1poopboypatPosted 11/14/2011 7:08:48 PM
Well I want to play a Pure Werewolf Build. So Iím thinking heavy armor and unarmed while in normal mode.

What would be a good unarmed race to be for werewolf. Reason I want to do this is I have only played about 60 hours of Mage only and I want to try something different.
#2WriterJasonPosted 11/14/2011 7:10:34 PM
Khajit would be the best race...but heavy armor wouldnt really benefit you...perhaps light, and go all the way up the tree...with H2H you absolutely need mobility...period.
---
PSN/XBL/Steam: Kanemura
"Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much." - Oscar Wilde
#3poopboypat(Topic Creator)Posted 11/14/2011 7:18:08 PM
question... Does the werewolf transformation scale with your level?
#4BhelliumPosted 11/14/2011 7:24:17 PM
It goes off one-handed actually.

Well, I think so anyway. It raises one handed at least.
---
P&L: Deal w/it
Cookie if you get the reference
#5poopboypat(Topic Creator)Posted 11/14/2011 7:29:15 PM
ahh ok, I think i might roll a heavy armor, shield, 1h sword werewolf.

Seeing how I have um never played a non-mage in an elder scrolls game, what do I need health and stamina 50-50?
#6ironjoePosted 11/14/2011 7:31:05 PM
According to the guide, werewolf hand to hand damage scales with level. You start with 20 damage and at 11-15 you hit 25. From then on, every 5 levels, you hit 10 points harder, up to 80 total at level 50. Pretty meh if you ask me.

You also get two extra howls as you complete all the Companion quests. They both sound very very meh. One detects life and one summons two wolves. Oh well.
#7BhelliumPosted 11/14/2011 7:36:26 PM
Werewolves don't really need stamina... they regain it like crazy.
Maybe more like 60/20/20 (you want SOME magicka even as a warrior... restoration at the very least is actually useful now).
Really, as long as you're boosting health at least every third level, you're good with heavy armor.

Don't know if you've ever used the transformation in front of a guard/person you don't mind murdering... but don't.
---
P&L: Deal w/it
Cookie if you get the reference
#8XineflowPosted 11/14/2011 7:42:50 PM
WriterJason posted...
Khajit would be the best race...but heavy armor wouldnt really benefit you...perhaps light, and go all the way up the tree...with H2H you absolutely need mobility...period.

Agreed on the mobility. I, on the other hand, think the heavy armor is a good idea. It's a huge investment but the top level of HA eliminates the movement penalties. There is also the bonus to H2H for heavy gauntlets. You could also go light armor but level HA enough to get that perk, but that's so much a waste of skill levels that it just isn't worth it. I personally think that perk is essential to a H2H build since there is no other consistent way of increasing the damage.
#9poopboypat(Topic Creator)Posted 11/15/2011 4:44:55 AM
ok, im going shield, ha and 1h sword. Are there any key perks i shoul really try to get asap?
#10VCPPosted 11/15/2011 4:50:24 AM
Sometimes my werewolf gains the enchants on my currently equipped weapons. Since the weapon enchant in question is lifeleach, my wolf tears through everything when this happens since his claw attacks end up healing him. No idea how to replicate atm though sorry.