How does PERKS chart work?

#1azladyj16Posted 11/14/2011 11:24:03 PM

Ok, I give up!!  I cannot for the life of me figure out how to pick a Perk and then keep it.  I now have 4 perk points.  I click on the one I want, and it just shoots me over to a different perk.  How the heck are you supposed to "choose" it?  I want "Apprentice Restoration" and I already have "Novice Restoration" of 25.  It says I need 25 for Apprentice, but like I said when I click on it, it doesn't pick it.  I've tried other categories too and its the same thing.  Am I missing something to make these Perks stick when I choose them?  HELP PLEASE!!

#2myztikricePosted 11/14/2011 11:30:10 PM
fix your resolution or something. you just click on the ball
---
Why are you always smiling?
'Cause it's all so ****in' hysterical.
#3Dr4g0N80Posted 11/14/2011 11:30:51 PM
Press enter?
---
http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/39/sambergface2.jpg
Whoa, I'm not saying killing kids = bad - RedMundus
#4MetalGearWikedPosted 11/14/2011 11:31:50 PM
Just press enter. Mouse support in this game is terrible
---
This is a cover-up. Gabe stole the cc info and ordered online food. Don't hate him for it, everytime Gabe eats the argicultural business increases 9002%
#5SiriliusPosted 11/14/2011 11:32:43 PM

The menu is designed for consoles. So use wasd to  get what you want.

#6mjh410Posted 11/14/2011 11:33:14 PM
For me the mouse is easier to control the navigation around the various perks, then when ready and your on the perk you want press enter or click on it and it will give you a confirmation.
#7Gamegeek65Posted 11/14/2011 11:36:34 PM
I am sometimes afraid to click in this game because the interface (especially the perks chart) is so horribly console-biased. I navigate menus with only WASD, E, and tab keys. No mouse usage for me.

Using the keyboard, select a perk and press enter. That's how I do it.
#8mjh410Posted 11/14/2011 11:38:36 PM
I can't get the keyboard to move perk to perk accurately. Say I go up a branch to the left, not a direct perk across from it to the right but one say up and to the right and another directly above. If I want to go to the one to the right and up and press the right key I fly across to the next skill to the right instead.
#9cimoaPosted 11/14/2011 11:39:13 PM
Gamegeek65 posted...
I am sometimes afraid to click in this game because the interface (especially the perks chart) is so horribly console-biased. I navigate menus with only WASD, E, and tab keys. No mouse usage for me.

its impossible, so how did you manage to choose a perk that has branches all over them?

its kinda hard to pick it only with WSAD
---
Damn Jimmy.....
#10random_noobiePosted 11/14/2011 11:39:27 PM
Gamegeek65 posted...

the mouse works fine. it's just when you first enter a menu, use the scroll wheel for a second and everything clicks fine.

as for the OP: you need to double-click. clicking it once doesn't do anything. it needs to be glowing a golden color. you'll hear a light sizzling sound if you did it right.
---
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
LoL IGN: nvmvoidrays