Console command ruin achievements?

#1SpeedstersonicPosted 11/16/2011 9:40:40 PM
Had to use the damn thing to finish "trouble in skyrim" cause the quest kept auto-completing when I got close to Farkis.
---
A man who trusts everyone is a fool, and a man who trusts no one is a fool. We are all fools, if we live long enough.
#2Elpadrino159Posted 11/16/2011 9:41:46 PM
Yes now all of your achievements are locked unless you use an uncorrupted save, or start over again.
#3Cuddie415Posted 11/16/2011 9:42:15 PM
ive used a few console commands in my game and i havent encountered any problems with achievements but im not 100% sure that everyone will have the same results that i had
#4Bokey407Posted 11/16/2011 9:42:20 PM
i think the verdict is still out on if the commands disable achvs. i have heard certain commands wil disable but i have used several and still get achvs.
---
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery none but ourselves can free our mind"
#5DoomerangPosted 11/16/2011 9:43:18 PM(edited)

Yes now all of your achievements are locked unless you use an uncorrupted save, or start over again.

Wrong. I had to do a similar thing to complete one of the quests in Malkreath, but I still got achievements afterwards.

They probably only disable it if you do some obviously-cheating things like god mode and such.
---
Kenshin's the Beauty, Kaoru's the Beast? - Mister_Feeny
Would that make Shishioh the candle guy? - Gettles
#6Emerald_MeliosPosted 11/17/2011 5:53:08 PM
Does it disable them if you accidentally hit tilde but do not enter any commands?
#7paradoxworldPosted 11/17/2011 5:54:49 PM
It does not disable achievements at all. I have cheated in gold, and tons of alchemy ingredients, and still get them.
---
I rarely visit topics twice. Even if I post something in one.
These pretzels are making me thirsty!
#8Emerald_MeliosPosted 11/17/2011 5:59:07 PM
paradoxworld posted...
It does not disable achievements at all. I have cheated in gold, and tons of alchemy ingredients, and still get them.

That's good; I thought I had heard that even touching the tilde button locks out achievement function.
#9McSpermiePosted 11/17/2011 6:03:22 PM(edited)
I just wanted to further confirm that the console does not disable achievements, like other people ITT have said. I have used the command to kill a guard and other commands (such as tcl) and still get achievements.
---
I Came, I Saw, I Owned.
#10pies12Posted 11/17/2011 6:03:39 PM

i think the verdict is still out on if the commands disable achvs. i have heard certain commands wil disable but i have used several and still get achvs.

You think wrong. Console doesn't have any impact on achievements.
---
"Obviously it was the most epic bubble hearth of all time."
~FalcownPAUNCH on Dalaran being moved to Northrend.