Anyone using uGrids tweak?

#1SeferagaPosted 11/17/2011 2:14:56 AM
I've set my up to 6 and it runs pretty well. I'm just testing it out, though. What are the downsides to using this? I read in a few places that it's "evil", haha.
---
Don't get so caught in your ways that you can't change..
#2Seferaga(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2011 2:52:31 AM
bump!
---
#3Sck333Posted 11/17/2011 2:54:46 AM
What does it do?
#4myztikricePosted 11/17/2011 2:55:30 AM
it's like permanent. if you decide to go back or change it your saves will be corrupt
---
Why are you always smiling?
'Cause it's all so ****in' hysterical.
#5Seferaga(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2011 3:00:58 AM
Sck333 posted...
What does it do?

It increases the amount of grid-cells loaded. So things will be more detailed at a distance. While it looks nice, it can cause major drop in FPS if you load more than your machine can handle.

@myztikgohan: Oh, that kinda sucks! Lol. Well I hope nothing bad happens in the long run. It looks to good to play without. >_<;
---
#6usmovers_02Posted 11/17/2011 3:03:48 AM
myztikgohan posted...
it's like permanent. if you decide to go back or change it your saves will be corrupt

That makes no sense. All uGrids does is change the amount of cells loaded, not what is saved.
---
You have a strong heart; no fear. But stupid! Ignorant like a child -Neytiri
As long as Atheists are here to praise God they are welcome -LandoverBaptistChurch
#7nic1357Posted 11/17/2011 3:04:48 AM
myztikgohan posted...

complete nonsense. stop trying to spread misinformation.
#8usmovers_02Posted 11/17/2011 3:04:51 AM
Also, uGrids values MUST be odd #'s. If you set it to an even # it will automatically load one lower. So set it to 7 TC and see what happens :)
---
As long as Atheists are here to praise God they are welcome -LandoverBaptistChurch
#9usmovers_02Posted 11/17/2011 3:08:51 AM
Did some research. Editing ugrids CAN screw with your save, but it's repairable. Just google skyrim ugrids. It should be one of the top 3 listings.
---
#10Seferaga(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2011 3:23:56 AM
usmovers_02 posted...
Also, uGrids values MUST be odd #'s. If you set it to an even # it will automatically load one lower. So set it to 7 TC and see what happens :)

Oh cool, I didn't know that. :) I guess I'll have to stay at 5 then since, 7 is where I start to lose fps; Especially in areas with lots of trees. (Riften)
---