Advantages and Disadvantages of Stormcloaks and the Imperials? (Spoilers)

#1Smac1018Posted 11/17/2011 5:32:54 AM
So I'm right up to when I'm about to go invite both the general and Ulfric to the negotiations and still haven't joined a side in the civil war.

What are the advantages and disadvantages of choosing either? How does it affect how people look at me and treat me? Does anything drastic change?

Secondly, during the negotiations when I ran through it real quick to see what it was like, they bargain handing over lands to one another. Does anyone know the advantages and disadvantages of any of the choices picked here?
---
Sooner or later it'll all catch up to you. You'll find that Lady Luck is just a hooker...and you're fresh out of cash.
#2Smac1018(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2011 5:59:24 AM
Bump

Also is it better to join a side or stay neutral? Does it have an effect on the negotiations? If so what are the repercussions of choosing either?
---
Sooner or later it'll all catch up to you. You'll find that Lady Luck is just a hooker...and you're fresh out of cash.
#3DeltabanePosted 11/17/2011 6:00:53 AM
No matter what happens the scene will end well with no real effect on anything
---
There is no love sincerer than the love of food.
- George Bernard Shaw
#4Smac1018(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2011 6:16:45 AM
Well if I pick either faction before the peace treaty that'll determine who holds Whiterun. There has to be some pro's and con's of that.

And DURING the negotiations, there's shifts of power in some places. It must have some sort of effect on the people and such.

I've been contemplating just picking a side, doing the quests and getting the achievements then just staying neutral. However I don't know the repercussions of picking certain choices during it. I don't want to screw myself over for certain quests or anything.
---
#5Rancoeur3Posted 11/17/2011 6:37:24 AM
There's no real consequences afaik, I did both sides and nothing really change, you sitll find Dark Elves in Winterhelm if you win with the Stormcloacks for ex etc.

Also the quests the Stormcloacks/Empire give are copy-paste from each other (take x forts > take the courier > take last fort before attacking the capital > take the enemy capital > kill Ulfric/Tulius, end).
---
Do not be concerned, life is hardly as precious as one might think.
#6Smac1018(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2011 6:43:25 AM
I think I'm just going to do the quests real quick for the achievements then remain neutral.

I only went threw it real fast before bed to see what happens so what are the consequences of choosing either side in the negotiations? Each wants land? To replace some Jarl. Things like that.
---