About werewolves... (minor spoilers)

#1Meteor5160Posted 11/18/2011 7:36:29 AM
I read that the only way to become one is to join the Companions? There aren't any just roaming Skyrim? If so, that's kind of lame. In Bloodmoon, weren't there seven wild werewolves that you had a really slim chance of coming across? Because I remember finding one in Solstheim and it being one of the coolest moments of Bloodmoon.

Without spoilers, can someone tell me if there are other werewolves besides the Companions?
#2BhelliumPosted 11/18/2011 7:36:58 AM
Yes.
Technically.
---
P&L: Deal w/it
Cookie if you get the reference
#3PhadinPosted 11/18/2011 7:38:52 AM
I know there is one in one of the factions. He admits to being one, bu the's not an enemy. At least not when you first join the faction. I haven't run that factions storyline, so I don't know if you might fight him in the future or not.

Even if you do, there is no risk of contracting lycanthropy in this game. The only way to become a werewolf is willingly through the quests. Vampirism, on the other hand, can still be contracted as a disease.
#4chandlerr_360Posted 11/18/2011 7:40:17 AM

There is like one werewolf you can fight locked up in a cage that is it, I think it was on the second to last companions mission.

#569skitzo69Posted 11/18/2011 7:41:59 AM
Using dead thrall on werewolves ftw.
#6Meteor5160(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2011 7:51:28 AM
Thanks for the replies.

Honestly, I love the game, but this is a little disappointing. With the way it is implemented, it seems almost like an easter egg or something. The powers seem more like a temporary buff rather than a risk/reward disease like Vampirism.

Here's hoping to some cool werewolf mods or a sick official expansion that capitalizes on them.
#7The DuffinatorPosted 11/18/2011 8:56:03 AM
*Minor Spolier*

Go to the guard house prison in Falkreath and talk to the prisoner in the cage and take his ring...