Thorygg Sun-Killer doesn't die

#1KamiccolokuetanPosted 11/19/2011 4:31:21 PM
I was walking up to Orphan Rock for a quest and came across Falkwreath Stormcloak Camp where everyone was sleeping. I went to attack everyone and killed everyone except Thorygg Sun-Killer. When his life drains he kneels down and after a few moments comes back up with full health. I even attack him when his is kneeling down like he is wounded. Any ideas on why this guy just doesn't die?
---
Win if you can. Lose if you must. But always cheat.
#2Pool Of MavissPosted 11/19/2011 4:32:06 PM
There are a crap load of NPCs that happens with, they are important and can't be killed till you are done with them.
---
I can't help it I like to snort things - Me
Well then... Go snort a ****ing rehab application!! - Droogie
#3MajordeCoverlyPosted 11/19/2011 4:32:29 PM
That means he is essential- sort of like being unconscious in oblivion. You can't kill essential NPCS, as they are necessary for quests and the sort.
#4Kamiccolokuetan(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2011 4:48:26 PM
Oh OK thanks!
---
Win if you can. Lose if you must. But always cheat.
#5Bisected8Posted 11/19/2011 4:50:50 PM
<_< >_>

"WHY! WON'T! YOU! DIE!"

It just had to be said. _
---
"Once you're dead you're made for life"- Jimi Hendrix
"I wish men had boobs"- Emma Bunton
#6RedcountPosted 11/19/2011 4:55:47 PM
You CAN make NPCs unessential, and therefore killable, but this can break quests.

You go "help (character's name) 4"

So, for Vex, "help Vex 4". For some, like Vekel the Man and Delvin Mallory, just use their first names. It's bring up information, including their NPC ID number - for example, Vex's is 001CD90.

So, knowing the number, type in the constole "setessential 0001CD90 0". The zero after her ID number is the binary value that means "non-essential", whereas 1 is essential.

Once they are non-essential, you can kill them.

If they are part of a quest and you need to revive them, target them, open the console and type "resurrect". I can't confim that this will fix quests, however.
---
"You applied over those years a Lisa Simpson, Miko Miyazaki and Brianesque level of hypocrisy." - OldFrenchDragon
#7KitanishiPosted 11/19/2011 5:08:08 PM
Bisected8 posted...
<_< >_>

"WHY! WON'T! YOU! DIE!"

It just had to be said. _

My reaction for a few hours. And then I was back to playing Morrowind that actually allowed me to murder people, quests be damned.