Whirlwind Sprint full shout?

#1IlikegumPosted 11/21/2011 4:18:06 PM

Anyone figured out what this does?  I got all three words and tried using it.  Doesn't seem to be any difference.  I just sprint forward saying one word, then after the sprint is over I say the other two words and nothing happens.

And I tried doing it from standstill and while sprinting, no difference.  Wtf?

#2soren_zeroPosted 11/21/2011 4:21:12 PM
You go farther...
#3MajordeCoverlyPosted 11/21/2011 4:22:03 PM
You go much farther.
#4Ilikegum(Topic Creator)Posted 11/21/2011 4:22:09 PM

Are you sure?  I don't seem to be going much further at all.

#5Sm0tp0kerPosted 11/21/2011 4:25:22 PM
Are you holding the shout key down or just pressing it? There's a difference.
#6Ilikegum(Topic Creator)Posted 11/21/2011 4:25:43 PM

Nevermind, just tried it again and I do go further.  Not really that much further though.  These shouts are seriously underwhelming.

#7Trav3161Posted 11/21/2011 4:29:22 PM

one time i used it and i jumped way further and after the shout my character continued to speed foward at a blistering pace for a few seconds, i thought this was how it was supposed to be but never duplicated the process. i love using it for getting from dragonsreach to the companion hall or skyforge or when i am running around overweight in town while crafting (damn dragon bones and scales weigh a ton!) its prob my fav shout.

#8BhelliumPosted 11/21/2011 5:06:44 PM
If it just stopped when you hit an enemy, or caused knockdown or damage I'd use it all the time.

But it's just not useful unless you're encumbered and crafting in town.
---
P&L: Deal w/it
Cookie if you get the reference
#9lnknprk_45Posted 11/21/2011 5:19:32 PM

Bhellium posted...
If it just stopped when you hit an enemy, or caused knockdown or damage I'd use it all the time.

But it's just not useful unless you're encumbered and crafting in town.

It also has some use while traveling on foot. Like most of the shouts, they they have a small niche. 

#10Howard_Roark_Posted 11/21/2011 6:02:58 PM
Ilikegum posted...
Nevermind, just tried it again and I do go further. Not really that much further though. These shouts are seriously underwhelming.

I use a three-word "Unrelenting Force" shout quite often. I have an amulet that reduces the time between shouts by 25% too. It doesn't seen to kill an enemy but its great when facing mobs. I cast that shout and I can send a dozen enemies flying away from me as I gather myself and get into better position for a tactical advantage.

I just hope people know to hold down the shout button to trigger all three words of the shout...