Dark Brotherhood "To Kill an Empire" quest glitch *possible spoilers*

#1SnakeGartmanPosted 11/22/2011 9:25:38 PM
After talking to Maro about being "Gourmet", I walk into the castle to talk to Gianna. Thing is, I say one dialogue option, then she says a few lines, then one seems to cut short and she says "It's just--" and the dialogue menu exits. Over and over again. I can't seem to find anyone with the same problem. I can't continue until I get this done. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?

I know this much: Gianna isn't a regular NPC. You can't hit her, pickpocket her, and she doesn't even show up with "detect life".
---
"Poor Al Gore. Global Warming completely debunked! ...by the very internet you invented." - Jon Stewart
#2JICKYMANPosted 11/22/2011 9:26:45 PM
put on a chefs hat and talk to her again
---
I hated going to weddings. All the grandmas would poke me saying "You're next." They stopped that when I started doing it to them at funerals.
#3Omnipotent_CowPosted 11/22/2011 9:27:22 PM
Try putting on a chef's hat.
#4SnakeGartman(Topic Creator)Posted 11/22/2011 9:29:01 PM
Ah, thank you. I had a feeling it was something simple like that. /facepalm
---
"Poor Al Gore. Global Warming completely debunked! ...by the very internet you invented." - Jon Stewart
#5SnakeGartman(Topic Creator)Posted 11/22/2011 9:34:48 PM
Aaaaand nevermind. It's doing exactly the same thing as it was before. Is there some kind of workaround for this?
---
#6JICKYMANPosted 11/22/2011 9:36:43 PM
are you sure you did the previous steps correctly?

you need to actually kill the old chef and hide his body somewhere

you might also need to get the poison from astrid
---
I hated going to weddings. All the grandmas would poke me saying "You're next." They stopped that when I started doing it to them at funerals.
#7SnakeGartman(Topic Creator)Posted 11/22/2011 10:01:05 PM
Yes, you can't get here without having done all the appropriate steps. Is there some kind of console command that pushes a quest forward to the next stage or anything?
---
#8WolvenstormPosted 11/22/2011 11:26:54 PM
Ok guys so after much research I finally figured this one out. Please be sure to spread the news about this because I know how frustrated I was to come into this chamber only to find out I couldn't proceed as a Vampire and that I had no way of leaving outside of going back to an old save file.

So here is what you do:
The quest ID For this quest is DB09

I found out that there is a command you can type into the prompt by hitting "~" that allows you to move forward inside of a quest

Just type in player.setstage DB09 30

The 30 is just how far into the quest you are. I found this out by just trial and error with increments of 10. After you type this in it should lead right into making the stew for the emperor with Gianna.

Hope this helps and happy hunting!