Being leader of the thieves guild

#1DaverdarePosted 11/24/2011 7:03:18 AM
So, I recently became the leader of the thieves guild after completing the the thieves guild questline and doing the extra-jobs to make the guild stronger. What is really annoying is, that most of the members of the guild still refer to me as "the new one". Only delving recognizes me as his boss and vex had one line in which she said that i can't be worse than Mercer. Is this a bug or is it the same for you?
#2xXMaxie360XxPosted 11/24/2011 7:04:12 AM
A lot of guilds are like that, sadly. One moment they address you as their leader, the next as the new guy.
---
The greatest instrument of all time, I give you... the Chipophone: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAuPIgD-TM0&videos=m9uWmZWvQUQ
#3Wanderer1313Posted 11/24/2011 7:05:11 AM
That's weird. I only had two guys do that for me. Dirge, who still calls me the 'Guildmaster's buddy' (Um...I guess I like myself?) but he's a dumb meathead so I can excuse it. The weirder one was the barkeeper, who still calls me the new protege...even though I've kinda surpassed everyone in the guild. >.>
#4Daverdare(Topic Creator)Posted 11/24/2011 7:07:08 AM
Bethesda should fix that somehow. It really breaks the immersion.
#5GiantHaystacksPosted 11/24/2011 7:07:14 AM
The Guild quest end games have always been weak. There should be some form of bonus for making it to the top.

You know, something like...

Thief: Being able to dip into the coffers
Mage: Being able to make spells *sulk*
Bard: Having NPC locations marked on maps
Dark Brotherhood: Kill all guards in a location

You get the idea...
---
2% overpowered
#6Wanderer1313Posted 11/24/2011 7:10:22 AM
GiantHaystacks posted...
The Guild quest end games have always been weak. There should be some form of bonus for making it to the top.

You know, something like...

Thief: Being able to dip into the coffers
Mage: Being able to make spells *sulk*
Bard: Having NPC locations marked on maps
Dark Brotherhood: Kill all guards in a location

You get the idea...

Honestly most of the stuff you get geared out with makes me content. I'm fine with regular income in the tribute chests and the like. Getting cool permament perks and decent enchanted armor that looks sweet is great. I just wish that the tribute chests were scaled up a bit with the income, or you could do something like gaining more members to increase the tribute as a sort of post-leader thing.
#7FiveFriesPosted 11/24/2011 8:39:34 AM
i'm the arch mage and the guy in dragonsreach still keeps telling me that if i have the aptitude i should join the mages guild :/

i'm like you fool! i'm the freakin' archmage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#8FTLulzPosted 11/24/2011 8:56:24 AM
These kinda minor details really ruin the immersion for me =/ as far as their particular quest line goes.

Ironically, it's one of the things Bioware does a tad better than Bethesda, which is acknowledging the changes in their (much smaller) world. Still think stuff like this should be addressed in future patches though, if not should have outright been done correctly in the first place.