Abandoned Shack safe to store stuff?

#1ZOMG_WTF_BBQPosted 11/25/2011 2:06:44 AM
You know, the one where...

**SPOILERS**

...you start the Dark Brotherhood questline? I have the key to the place so don't I technically own it now? I went by the shack before doing this quest and you HAVE to have a key to get in like other places you end up owning.

I googled, searched this, the Xbox 360, and PS3 forum and everything and can't get a straight answer anywhere.
---
True, it was noble of that animal to hurl itself into the path of that final torpedo.
#2Lucavi000Posted 11/25/2011 2:08:25 AM
no house unless you own it is safe to store stuff in.

after a certain amount of game hours item stores reset.

the only places you can safely store your stuff is in

1. bought houses
2. arch-mage/apprentice mage quarters in college
3. dark brotherhood sanctuarys.
4. there may be more but those are the main ones i think.
---
oh great... why would they do that? I'm a nerd, that's the exact kind of thing I like to avoid... maybe I'll just buy it during the day -Sahuagin
#3ToashenPosted 11/25/2011 2:10:53 AM
that is bull there is no reset
#4ThreeKarmaLossPosted 11/25/2011 2:12:38 AM
Stairway To Mom posted...
that is bull there is no reset

Yes there is. Please do not spread false information. After several in-game days, items will no longer appear in storage places.

Here are the safe locations:
1. With your housecarl
2. On your person
3. In any house you own
4. In any guild that you are a part of, though I'm not sure of the Bard's College. Companions and Mage College are safe for sure though.
---
hi
#5ZOMG_WTF_BBQ(Topic Creator)Posted 11/25/2011 2:12:51 AM
Lol again... so hard to get a straight answer on this. There HAS to be somebody out there who has actually tried to use this place as their regular house than can let us all know the truth.

All I have read is speculation.
---
True, it was noble of that animal to hurl itself into the path of that final torpedo.
#6PhantomHackPosted 11/25/2011 2:19:02 AM(edited)
Yes there is a reset, its one month game time, but the reset doesn't resurrect named npcs/special items. As to it being safe, NO, not even the archmages area is safe from the reset. I suggest just storing stuff in purchaseable homes, although the purchase upgradable dawnstar dark brotherhood sanctuary I am unsure if it resets or not. Yes store stuff at the archmages/compaion leader/thiefs guild/etc at your own risk as I know for certin the archmage and others do occasionally "eat" stored stuff

Edit: Added special items
---
How many GMs does it take to change a burntout lightbulb?
None, it is working as intended.
#7ZOMG_WTF_BBQ(Topic Creator)Posted 11/25/2011 2:17:16 AM
3. In any house you own

Right, that's what the loading screen says too. It does not say you have to buy a house to own it. So I guess the real question is what constitutes OWNING a house? With the shack you get the key that you HAVE TO HAVE to get in to it.
---
#8synthetiksinPosted 11/25/2011 2:20:08 AM
I think owning means you bought it. Having a key to something doesn't mean anything, especially if you have the wax key perk.
#9GGwulfPosted 11/25/2011 2:21:36 AM
I'm surpirsed no one else has tried this. I stored my dragon bones and stuff in Hadvar/Ralof's house before gaining access to guilds and they work fine. I figured since they gave you the key and all, I could probably just use their chests for storage.
#10Luigy2693Posted 11/25/2011 2:23:07 AM
Does the dark brother hoods NEW hang out count? I paid a crap ton to rebuild that place. Better be able to...I wanna use it