Downloading skyrim without internet?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Downloading skyrim without internet?
4 years ago#1
Allow me to elaborate.

My apartment doesn't have an internet connection other than the free wifi in the leasing office, which is close enough to get a...slight signal. Takes about 3 or 4 minutes to buffer the average youtube video at 240p, but...eh.

There's no ethernet or anything in my apartment and thus my desktop, as of now, has no internet connection.

I do have a macbook for school. If I were to download Steam and Skyrim to my macbook, save it on an external hard drive, and USB it into the desktop, would this work?

Thanks. I'm not as computer savvy as I'd like to be.
---
hi
4 years ago#2
I don't think Steam will let you download the PC version on a MAC, the MAC version of Steam is completely different, as far as I know.

Why not just buy the box/disk version? If you can play a Youtube video you can probably do the initial authentication on Steam using the same connection, just install from disk.
4 years ago#3
kyleh posted...
I don't think Steam will let you download the PC version on a MAC, the MAC version of Steam is completely different, as far as I know.

Why not just buy the box/disk version? If you can play a Youtube video you can probably do the initial authentication on Steam using the same connection, just install from disk.

I won't be able to access Steam from my desktop. Can I authenticate it on my mac, then just plug the disc in to the desktop? Presumably not...
---
hi
4 years ago#4
Steam allows you to back up files for quick re-installation.

There's no reason you couldn't create backup data and use it to install the game on a system with limited internet access. You'd still need to have enough access to authenticate the installation and launch steam once in offline mode though.

Even dialup would be sufficient for this purpose.
4 years ago#5
Why not just buy a retail copy?
---
You can slice it, dice it, any way you like it!
http://i51.tinypic.com/o6jnev.jpg
(message deleted)
4 years ago#7
Even if you authenticate on your mac, you still need to download the patch and start/install it through Steam
4 years ago#8
Steam won't let you do that.
Only way you can download it on your mac to play on PC is if you pirated it but I'm not going to tell you how to do that.

So you pretty much have to get retail disk or have a friend help you out.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Downloading skyrim without internet?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived