Possible to have two characters at once?

#1kfcsnackerPosted 11/25/2011 4:12:57 PM
Hi, I am interested in creating a new character but I also want to have my other character still around and be ready to play whenever I want. Can anyone help me out or tell me what to do, would be much appreciated, thanks.
---
Steam ID is kfcsnacker.
#2Lucavi000Posted 11/25/2011 4:13:27 PM
just dont save over your first characters save.
---
oh great... why would they do that? I'm a nerd, that's the exact kind of thing I like to avoid... maybe I'll just buy it during the day -Sahuagin
#3Shadowfire14Posted 11/25/2011 4:13:56 PM
You can have two characters, you just need to be able to keep up with which save files are which.
---
http://redhawkhacker.deviantart.com/ | LoL IGN: RedHawkHacker
Singed: the only champion where running in circles is a viable way of playing. - Pixlh
#4mrcivic88Posted 11/25/2011 4:14:33 PM

just dont save over your first characters save.

And don't have just one save for any character.
#5kfcsnacker(Topic Creator)Posted 11/25/2011 4:15:18 PM
Ah so you can essentially have as many characters as save slots? Autosaving does not ruin this does it?
---
Steam ID is kfcsnacker.
#6Coltonh65Posted 11/25/2011 4:18:42 PM(edited)
This is the game's biggest fault, imo. The save system is in desperate need of having a character profile system. There's no organization and you actually have to go out of your way (to an extent) to back up your saves if you decide to make another character for play testing purposes.

Games in the early 2000s had this feature. Why Beth decided to not do it is beyond me.
#7Lucavi000Posted 11/25/2011 4:18:49 PM

Ah so you can essentially have as many characters as save slots? Autosaving does not ruin this does it?

auto saving will remove your previous characters progress but only if you dont have a major save of it. and if you dont then you deserve to have your other characters deleted.
---
oh great... why would they do that? I'm a nerd, that's the exact kind of thing I like to avoid... maybe I'll just buy it during the day -Sahuagin
#8kfcsnacker(Topic Creator)Posted 11/25/2011 4:20:44 PM
So If I go and enter skyrim in my current character, just save in a certain spot, reopen skyrim and make a new character, choose a different save sot they will not interfere and I can have two characters?
---
Steam ID is kfcsnacker.
#9mrcivic88Posted 11/25/2011 4:22:36 PM
You are on the PC, correct?

Just take the saves out of their original folder and put them somewhere else. Then start a new character and swap the saves back and forth depending on which character you want to play.
#10Lucavi000Posted 11/25/2011 4:23:32 PM
yes it will not overwrite your save.

just open your first character, hit save and it will save.

make new character and when you go to save hit the new save option and it will save it as its own save. the only thing is that it will save it as a the next number in line

so say your first character was on, lets say, save 85. your new character will be on save 86 and on. but your old one will still be save 85 until you resume it and save that one.
---