Which city has the "best" house

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Which city has the "best" house
4 years ago#1
In terms of utility and ease of access
---
I will not change this sig until Alterac Valley is reverted pre-BC http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/969937114
12/21/08
4 years ago#2
whiterun is the quickest one to get to other than that no clue its my only house .. sorry..
---
There's only one Return, and it's of the Jedi.
4 years ago#3
Several of my friends say Winterhold, I haven't gotten any others besides Whiterun. I plan on getting all the Thane quests done tomorrow, but knowing me, I'll get distracted.
---
PSN: Ry_mann88 xFire: ithinkipooped
www.clanbotc.com
4 years ago#4
The Solitude house is nice and big, but it just doesn't feel very efficient or useful.

I usually just cram everything I don't want to carry into the few containers in the Whiterun house for convenience.
---
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
4 years ago#5
I prefer the Whiterun house because it is a nice central location to the whole of Skyrim, has smithing and smelting facilities right next door, has archery ammo store across the street, and has alchemy and enchanting ( with the mod that adds an enchanting table to it) in the home. Also very quick access to stores for selling of any type of goods within very short running distance.

It may be the least fancy of the houses, but it's the only one that has all of the above going for it.
4 years ago#6
Whiterun is the best for ease of access. The town waypoint is about 3 or so metres away from the front door. Enough storage for everything.

Personally I like the solitude house the most. It has enough room for spawning extra stuff.
4 years ago#7
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Houses

That shows a comparison of the houses. I assume it's accurate. If it is, Windhelm seems to have the most containers. I don't know about the aesthetics, though.
---
I don't always drink chocolate milk, but when I do, I drink the glass.
4 years ago#8
So far I have acquired 2 houses: the one in Whiterun and the one in Markarth. Markarth is 8,000 gold and is really spacious and nice once decorated. If you like lots of books, it has a library with 4 book shelves.
4 years ago#9

I prefer Proudspire Manor in Solitude now I've modded it a bit. Fast travel to Blue Palace, quick sprint and you're at the back door.

For such a large house, it doesn't have a lot of weapon racks or enough bookcases.

I've knocked some walls out in the basement and added a complete smithy down there, even Ysolda goes down and uses everything. I've added some display cases too for jewels, rings, masks etc, I did add a nice table too with all the bits on but Ysolda can't work out her way around to the Arcane table so she walks over the top and knocks it all off. Skank.

I still have a soft spot for the house in Riften though, even though I've got a serious butchdyke haunting the place. Sitting on the verandah, shooting fish.

4 years ago#10
Windhelm
Great, Great House
---
E5700 @ 3.5 / HD4670 1GB / 4 GB DDR3-1066 / Acer H203H 1600x900
"More like homosexuality is going IN the end of humankind" - grumble_roar
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Which city has the "best" house

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived