Fortify Enchant potion isn't working

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Fortify Enchant potion isn't working

User Info: masumane2

masumane2
5 years ago#1
I use the potion, I know it only lasts 30 seconds so I hurry up and do it... but with or without the potion, I can only make a necklace that improves my alchemy by 17%

The potion does NOTHING. Do I need to make a different potion or something? The potions effect says it makes enchanting 8% stronger but when I'm actually enchanting, the stats are totally unchanged
Christians don't believe in gravity

masumane2
5 years ago#2
bump

masumane2
5 years ago#3
blump

User Info: bamfcopter

bamfcopter
5 years ago#4
Don't bother with potions until your skill is higher. 8% of 17 is insignificant.

User Info: xR4zorwirex

xR4zorwirex
5 years ago#5
the calculations are completely wrong (or misleading) but it does work, just not until a high level.
Heres why i say this, i have fairly high stats, 100enchant, 50ish alchemy. I made an enchantment for something that upped i think HP or a resistance of some kind by 50 pts. When taking a Fortify Enchant Potion that increased it by 25% i was rewarded with the same enchantment doing 51pts. Thats not 25%, it's 2%.
I'm not sure how its calculated but its wrong, at least under 100 skill level.
Razor

masumane2
5 years ago#6
OK I had a feeling that something was wrong. My enchant is at 65 I think and my Alchemy is at about 45.

Its so stupid, why doesn't the potion do what it says it does... Why do they gotta ****ing lie?

User Info: Sahuagin

Sahuagin
5 years ago#7

the calculations are completely wrong (or misleading) but it does work, just not until a high level.
Heres why i say this, i have fairly high stats, 100enchant, 50ish alchemy. I made an enchantment for something that upped i think HP or a resistance of some kind by 50 pts. When taking a Fortify Enchant Potion that increased it by 25% i was rewarded with the same enchantment doing 51pts. Thats not 25%, it's 2%.
I'm not sure how its calculated but its wrong, at least under 100 skill level.

it's probably +25% of base, not sure if that makes a difference
Atheism is merely a consequence of having intellectual honesty.
If you download games for free (illegally), you are an anti-gamer. Period.

User Info: bamfcopter

bamfcopter
5 years ago#8
The potion bonus seems to stack with the rest of the enchanting bonuses from skill level and perks.

Let's say you have a base chant of +20 health. Having 100 skill gives around double the effect (+100%), and perks can net you +125%. That puts you at ~+65 health. The potion adds another 25% to give you +250% instead of +225%, which is only ~+70 health. You'll never get a dramatic effect from a potion like that, especially if it's just 8%.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Fortify Enchant potion isn't working

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived