Elemental Fury won't work for me....

#1Bisected8Posted 11/28/2011 2:25:33 PM
When I try to use it it just gives me a message saying that my weapon is already enchanted.
---
"Once you're dead you're made for life"- Jimi Hendrix
"I wish men had boobs"- Emma Bunton
#2SteadyingMeatPosted 11/28/2011 2:37:58 PM
It doesn't work on weapons that are enchanted. Which is incredibly irritating. Hopefully a mod, or even a patch takes that crap out.
---
Official Caim of Every Board.
http://lparchive.org/Drakengard/Update%2005/64-dg-caim5.jpg
#3LazyyAmericanPosted 11/28/2011 2:39:20 PM
Dumbest design choice ever.....but should be easy to fix once the CS is released I'd imagine.
---
"Only the badasses should use the elevator" account of a survivor during a zombie apocalypse
#4xXMaxie360XxPosted 11/28/2011 2:41:37 PM
DW + EF + Enchants would be stupidly overpowered. EF is good as it is, just get a good unenchanted weapon and you'll see.
---
The greatest instrument of all time, I give you... the Chipophone: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAuPIgD-TM0&videos=m9uWmZWvQUQ
#5Johnny_SebrePosted 11/28/2011 2:41:59 PM
Can only be used on basic equipped weapons. Not on fists, not on conjured weapons, and not on enchanted ones either.
#6Lucavi000Posted 11/28/2011 2:43:25 PM

DW + EF + Enchants would be stupidly overpowered. EF is good as it is, just get a good unenchanted weapon and you'll see.

this is balanced out by the EF DW bug where your main or off hand swings take 20 seconds.
---
oh great... why would they do that? I'm a nerd, that's the exact kind of thing I like to avoid... maybe I'll just buy it during the day -Sahuagin
#7xXMaxie360XxPosted 11/28/2011 2:46:26 PM
Lucavi000 posted...
this is balanced out by the EF DW bug where your main or off hand swings take 20 seconds.

Hasn't happened to me, got at least 20 hours of playtime on characters using DW + EF.

If you're that afraid of getting hit by the bug, save every now and then and take a few swings at the air to be sure. It's a small price to pay for the awesomeness that is DW + EF.
---
The greatest instrument of all time, I give you... the Chipophone: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAuPIgD-TM0&videos=m9uWmZWvQUQ
#8Lucavi000Posted 11/28/2011 2:47:46 PM

Hasn't happened to me, got at least 20 hours of playtime on characters using DW + EF.

If you're that afraid of getting hit by the bug, save every now and then and take a few swings at the air to be sure. It's a small price to pay for the awesomeness that is DW + EF.

it can easily be fixed but its rather annoying regardless. plus im sure saving wouldnt fix it because if you get the bug then reload a save you had form say, 5 minutes ago...wouldnt you just get the bug again in 5 minutes? thats if its bugged upon how much you use EF and not some random factor.
---
oh great... why would they do that? I'm a nerd, that's the exact kind of thing I like to avoid... maybe I'll just buy it during the day -Sahuagin
#9SteadyingMeatPosted 11/28/2011 2:48:25 PM
xXMaxie360Xx posted...

I still don't think they should have made it impossible for people to use it if they have an enchanted weapon. It makes it useless unless you carry a normal weapon around. I normally don't use enchanted weapons, just because they run out like, way to quickly, but still.
---
Official Caim of Every Board.
http://lparchive.org/Drakengard/Update%2005/64-dg-caim5.jpg
#10merendelPosted 11/30/2011 2:10:22 PM
SteadyingMeat posted...

I still don't think they should have made it impossible for people to use it if they have an enchanted weapon. It makes it useless unless you carry a normal weapon around. I normally don't use enchanted weapons, just because they run out like, way to quickly, but still.

they only run out super fast if you go for super max enchants. Doubleing up on max elemental damage or a drain spell in there will only last for maybe 100 swings at best. While good to have a set of those for if you want to flurry a target down in a hurry without useing EF your better off with a more moderate damage enchant on a constant use weapon. Of note is the soulfire enchant, has a variable duration soultrap paired with a static 10 fire damage. set the ST to 1 and you've got 4k swings of 10 damage off a grand soul.