So... I can't save my game?

#1Jrock1019Posted 11/29/2011 4:06:48 AM(edited)
Alright, I can understand minor glitches and bugs and such, but this is just bull****. I literally can not save my game. I go to the menu, click save, and a message says "saving game" but after that it doesn't show up. I even looked in my Documents/MyGames/Skyrim/saves folder, and there's nothing there. Quicksaving doesn't work either. What the hell? Anyone know how to fix this, or am I just screwed?

Edit: I'm running the 4GB Skyrim launcher, in case that might have anything to do with it. I also just finished doing a fresh re-install.
---
I lost karma points for "spoiling" the fact that you end up defeating the main villain.
#2Dante200XPosted 11/29/2011 4:09:14 AM
Rely on quicksaves?
---
"I'm not reading reviews when I can just ask this board." - TormakSaber asking about a Sam & Max game on the TF2 board
#3Jrock1019(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2011 4:11:18 AM
Dante200X posted...
Rely on quicksaves?

Jrock1019 posted...
Quicksaving doesn't work either.

I even tried using the "savegame" console command. Nothing.
---
I lost karma points for "spoiling" the fact that you end up defeating the main villain.
#4HAZCHEM88Posted 11/29/2011 4:16:21 AM(edited)
Tried googling but the only result was this thread...lol

Sounds really weird. Wish I knew.
---
http://www.youtube.com/HAZARDOUS88 ----Come hear my music.
http://www.last.fm/user/Alt-Melodium
#5bioskarrdPosted 11/29/2011 4:22:47 AM
sounds like a computer problem, not a game problem.
#6Jrock1019(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2011 4:25:06 AM
bioskarrd posted...

What kind of computer problem? Any ideas?
---
#7Blind_AssassinPosted 11/29/2011 4:28:21 AM
bioskarrd posted...

I'd go with this, he definitely trust this guy, seems to know what he's talking about.

Have you tried reinstalling it? Are you using a pirated/badly cracked version?

I've never come across something like this before, so you may want to go to the Bethesda official forums because it seems like no-one else has either.
---
^IMO.
#8Jrock1019(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2011 4:30:54 AM
Blind_Assassin posted...
Have you tried reinstalling it? Are you using a pirated/badly cracked version?

I've never come across something like this before, so you may want to go to the Bethesda official forums because it seems like no-one else has either.

Yes, I just finished re-installing the game. And no, I'm not using a pirated version. Quite the contrary in fact, as I spent close to $200 on the collector's edition of both the game and the strategy guide.
---
#9Jrock1019(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2011 4:56:20 AM
I sent Betheda Support an email so we'll see how that goes.

In the meantime, anyone else have any suggestions?
---
#10SahuaginPosted 11/29/2011 5:01:27 AM
do you have write permission to the save folder? you could try running as administrator, which should guarantee that you have write access.
---
Atheism is merely a consequence of having intellectual honesty.
If you download games for free (illegally), you are an anti-gamer. Period.