You CAN play Skyrim offline, even with the latest patch

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. You CAN play Skyrim offline, even with the latest patch

User Info: Thinking_Hurts

Thinking_Hurts
5 years ago#1
Please don't spread misinformation! Steam really isn't as controlling as some like to think.

User Info: xfyrenx

xfyrenx
5 years ago#2
Why couldn't you? It's not Ubisoft or an MMO.
A fate worse than a fate worse than death... That's pretty bad - Blackadder
Black FC 2623-2687-6904 OT Vanessa

Thinking_Hurts
5 years ago#3
This is hurting my brain.

YOU CAN DISABLE STEAM AUTOMATIC UPDATES.

User Info: Iron_Moses

Iron_Moses
5 years ago#4
You can when steam is started in online mode. When you restart steam with no internet connection, you cannot play skyrim.
http://i886.photobucket.com/albums/ac68/thorhammer91/libertranshuman.png

User Info: MonthOLDpickle

MonthOLDpickle
5 years ago#5
Iron_Moses posted...
You can when steam is started in online mode. When you restart steam with no internet connection, you cannot play skyrim.

If you don't know what your doing. I play offline on school with my laptop. No internet from a cold boot.

User Info: Iron_Moses

Iron_Moses
5 years ago#6

Iron_Moses posted...

If you don't know what your doing. I play offline on school with my laptop. No internet from a cold boot.

PLEASE ENLIGHTEN ME

this has been driving me crazy with more games than just skyrim.
http://i886.photobucket.com/albums/ac68/thorhammer91/libertranshuman.png

User Info: Eclypse9810

Eclypse9810
5 years ago#7
MonthOLDpickle posted...
Iron_Moses posted...

Offline mode for steam only tends to work for me when I pre-set it to offline before hand, so it boots into offline mode.

Besides, I only use offline mode to avoid the patches. My entire campus has a solid wireless connection.
Do you remember the dark?

Thinking_Hurts
5 years ago#8
Iron_Moses posted...

Try it yourself...

Thinking_Hurts
5 years ago#9
Eclypse9810 posted...
Besides, I only use offline mode to avoid the patches. My entire campus has a solid wireless connection.

http://i.imgur.com/vUvvf.jpg

User Info: JoshX042

JoshX042
5 years ago#10
Iron_Moses posted...

I don't know what you're talking about. I've done just that. You can start Skyrim in offline mode without ever connecting to Steam online.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. You CAN play Skyrim offline, even with the latest patch

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived