Aranea Lenith OP!!?

#1LayLow80Posted 12/2/2011 11:42:07 AM
I recruited Aranea Lenith at lvl 17 currently im level 25 with 87 in one handed skills.

When I attack a giant I can swing about 5 times before i have to do a 180 and whirlwind out of there to heal. (My 5 swings have made the giant lose like 5% of its life). as soon as my whirlwind ends and i turn around to heal and face the giant. The giant is dead. WTF how is she doing so much DMG. Same goes for blood dragons. Are some of the other mage followers this strong?

As soon as any fights starts she starts by summoning a Flame Atronach and then starts using ice spells and trows a fireball from her scepter. Nothing so far has survived this combo.

She is using all forsworn armor and using a crappy spark wand that does 8 dmg and the scepter that does 40 Dmg fireballs that i recieved from one of the dragon priests.
#2cantusePosted 12/2/2011 11:47:10 AM
To be honest, I think you might be underpowered. I have had Aranea for a while now (got her at level 37 and I'm 41 now), and I can easily out damage her. It may be build related, as I'm playing a Conjurer/Destruction mage, but giants were *definitely* taking more than 5% damage from my level 38 dual wielder from my first playthrough.
#3LayLow80(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2011 11:54:39 AM
Im not sure about underpowered Granted i have not upgraded enchant and my smithing is at 49. Using orc armor I found and my axe is a one hander with +10 cold damge dwmer axe. It says my dmg is 28 a hit.

Dont wanna ruin the game maxing enchanting and smithing.
#4ilovemuddingPosted 12/2/2011 12:00:39 PM
Aranea is actually underpowered at higher levels.

I can't get her higher than level 30, unlike some of the other followers.
#5cantusePosted 12/2/2011 12:07:10 PM
OP, dunno what your level is, but to use my dual wielder from my previous post, he had max smithing by the time he was 38, and I believe he had two blades swords (I was a light weapons/armor kinda guy) and I believe with legendary improvements they were each close to like 54 damage each.

Only mention this stuff in case helps give you perspective on your experience vs. others.
#6Sima YiPosted 12/2/2011 2:34:05 PM
Im not sure about underpowered Granted i have not upgraded enchant and my smithing is at 49. Using orc armor I found and my axe is a one hander with +10 cold damge dwmer axe. It says my dmg is 28 a hit.

Dont wanna ruin the game maxing enchanting and smithing.

You do sound a little underpowered. Based upon what you said, you would need to repeat that process 20 times to kill that giant solo. As to whether she is over-powered, I can't comment, as I haven't tried using a mage companion yet.

Using enchanting and smithing will not ruin your game. Min/maxing using enchanting, smithing, AND alchemy will ruin your game. I believe the game was balanced with smithing and enchanting in mind (why wouldn't it be?) so don't be afraid to play around with them just because some people found an easy way to use alchemy and enchanting to boost each other repeatedly then came on to a message board to declare crafting in general broken.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/MrEdge
#7UnknownToasterPosted 12/2/2011 2:38:27 PM
All I got to a is... resistances... they are broken. End of story.
---
irc://irc.immortal-anime.net/prowrestling
Official Pro Wrestling IRC Chat! =D