Set timescale to <#>

#1JoninkinmaPosted 12/5/2011 8:39:14 PM
is there a way to add this to an .ini?

if I use this in console and change the timescale to say, 8 and then save, will the change be permanent for that save or will I have to use it everytime i load the file?
---
Doesn't matter what I do. I can Run, Jump or Roll... The Grenade just grows legs and chases me down! ~Jengymae
#2Switch2Nine6Posted 12/5/2011 8:47:31 PM
I wouldn't do this, bugs the hell out of MANY quests/other things in Skyrim I am told.
#3BankgobboPosted 12/5/2011 8:52:53 PM
I think you need to set it each time you load a file.

Don't play around with timescale though. It bugs your save to hell eventually, and the bugs get more pronounced and gamebreaking as the game goes on. They won't be obvious at first. If you've been doing this for a while on your save, you've more than broken it.
#4MarzPosted 12/7/2011 1:37:38 AM
that sucks.. i've wanted to set the time to real time for awhile. i find time goes way too fast in these games. if it's night and i want day, then i'll sleep till then. but i hate when it's the day and it's good to go out wandering, then it's night in no time flat. or you get to a town and it's 5pm and you have to rush to hit up all the stores before they close.
---
~!
#5jsmith0730Posted 12/7/2011 1:59:20 AM
I keep mine set to 12 and never had to reenter it. o_O

I set it when I start a new game, but other than that I've never noticed it revert to the default timescale when loading a game.
#6AmourekPosted 12/7/2011 2:03:03 AM
I set mine to real-time and I've been playing it for several days without issue. Set it once in the console and that's it, you don't have to mess around with the .ini file.
#7kwong0028Posted 12/7/2011 2:05:26 AM
Does timescale affect potion duration?

I'm trying to enchant some items, but it's impossible to do that and name my item before my Fortify Enchanting Potion runs out...
#8ELDuranPosted 12/7/2011 2:24:52 AM
Switch2Nine6 posted...
I wouldn't do this, bugs the hell out of MANY quests/other things in Skyrim I am told.

Are you sure on this. Mine has been set to 12(5 real time minutes = 1 gametime hour)

I haven't ran across any glitches or bugs. Well except for the one the last patch gave me with the Dragons flying backwards and unkillable. Which is why I'm waiting patiently for the new patch to fix this and start playing again.
---
Most of the money you'll win at poker comes not from the brilliance of your own play, but from the ineptitude of your opponents.
#9FrithPosted 12/7/2011 3:11:13 AM
I'm 60 hours in with timescale set to 1, no issues so far.
---
Stoe Orkeo!
Sig Divider Holocaust 1/30/08 - NEVER FORGET
#10SushiSquidPosted 12/7/2011 3:16:47 AM(edited)
Changing timescale should have no negative effects. It hasn't in past games. It's a global variable, so its value is baked into saved data. Unless something (or you) changes it, it should stay at whatever value you set. I personally play at timescale 5. I've played a couple hundred hours on several characters and never seen an issue with it. All the time spent in Oblivion, Fallout 3, and New Vegas with a modified timescale adds up to a few thousand hours and, again, there is no issue that it caused that I'm aware of.

kwong0028 posted...
Does timescale affect potion duration?

Of course not. The duration of effects and spells is always measured in real time.