Thieves Guild Fishing Jobs (Possible Spoilers)

#1BigKGPosted 12/12/2011 3:27:55 AM
Anyone encountered a fishing job where the mark's item was 0% to steal?

I just got one. Is there any way of getting that item without killing the mark? (Hence failing the quest).
---
Core i7 950, GTX 460 1 Gb SLI
Gamertag: Gryll ---------------PSN: Kev_G79
#2super_burb_zapPosted 12/12/2011 3:31:08 AM
Pots and Equipment, as well as perks.
---
If the topic's dead, it's my fault.
I never really was on your side.
#3BigKG(Topic Creator)Posted 12/12/2011 3:33:12 AM
I had +80% to pickpocket with pots/equipment, as well as around 70% pickpocketing skill. (No perks).
---
Core i7 950, GTX 460 1 Gb SLI
Gamertag: Gryll ---------------PSN: Kev_G79
#4SabreNation81Posted 12/12/2011 6:25:11 AM
I ran into that too. Had to steal a ring from Mjoll. No matter what I did my chances of success were 0%. I tried pots, I put on some +Pickpocket gear, nothing worked. Even when she was asleep it was still 0%.

I eventually just went back and cancelled the mission to get a different one. You don't lose anything for cancelling the mission. You just get a minor verbal scolding and then you can start a new one immediately after.
---
"We are all atheists about most of the gods that societies have ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further." - Richard Dawkins
#5Ca55perPosted 12/12/2011 6:26:53 AM
What is the item? All kitted up, I had a 14% chance to pickpocket a gold diamond necklace, once.

Also, if you have sneak/pickpocket gear and pickpocket potions, what are the stats on your gear/potions.

Also, you are sure that you are not visible to the mark? If you are hidden, I believe you get a bonus.

If you really can't figure a way around it, you can always ask your Delvin to cancel the quest for you... and just take another one.
---

Shadow hide you...
#6alpha5omega7Posted 12/12/2011 7:31:59 AM
i think its a glitch. i have 68 pickpocket and was trying to place a daedric arrow into one of the thief archers pocket. glass and ebony arrows both have 90% chance but for some reason daedric and falmor has 0. i have cheated my way with all the perks and still the same. so i went ahead and place the daedric with 0% and success... didn't get caught at all.
#7tortugapir8Posted 12/12/2011 8:21:38 AM
Actually I think it's because they have the item equipped and if you lack the top level Pickpocket perk (Perfect Touch) it's not possible in the normal way.

However I did find a loophole! If you Unrelenting Force shout them to knock them down you'll be able to quickly pickpocket it before they stand up. Pretty funny!