How do you make the best healing potions?

#1Sephiroth311Posted 12/12/2011 10:37:40 AM
Ultimate healing and/or vigorous healing. Or is it better to focus on restoration magic?
---
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast!
#2Lord_BadmagicPosted 12/12/2011 10:50:02 AM
Personally I try to save weight although not as strong.

Charred Skeever Hide + Eye of Sabre Cat + Hawk Feathers

Restore Health
Restore Stamina
Cure Disease

All in one pot, that said I'm struggling to find a decent reliable source for charrged hide, I had thought you could take some skeever and "cook" it but nope.

The other two are abundant.
---
"Whatever blows your hair back"
#3derp420Posted 12/12/2011 10:55:50 AM
There's usually some charred skeever hides around the bonfires at giant camps. Don't know if or how often they respawn though.
---
www.cracked.com/phpimages/photoshop/1/8/3/3183_slide.gif
http://i.imgur.com/NlUVU.gif
#4Lord_BadmagicPosted 12/12/2011 10:59:07 AM
derp420 posted...
There's usually some charred skeever hides around the bonfires at giant camps. Don't know if or how often they respawn though.

Yup, that's where I've been getting the lions share of them but I don't think they have re-spawned for me once yet despite staying away from the region.

I just need to experiment more as there is probably something else that's fairly abundant that can take its place.
---
"Whatever blows your hair back"
#5gamrls57Posted 12/12/2011 11:02:55 AM
You might already know this one:

Blue Mt. flower + giant toe + charred skeever hide =

Fortify health and restore health
#6jaxson_batemanPosted 12/12/2011 11:25:01 AM
For the record, you can't craft a potion that'll heal "all health/stamina/magic" - you might be able to craft one that heals for so much that it fills you up, but there's no equivalent to the ultimate potions you find lying around.
---
SCII: SEA (Gold) - Jax 108 / NA (Plat) - Jax 659
#7Asia SkylyPosted 12/12/2011 11:40:54 AM
That is disappointing I was hoping with good Alchemy you could craft some truly magnificent potions!

Another side note... I miss the past games where the better potions came in smaller vials, not bigger. The vials also weighed less. Now all vials are 0.5lbs.
---
Lady Astor: "Winston, if I were your wife I'd put poison in your coffee."
Winston Churchill: "Nancy, if I were your husband I'd drink it."
#8ShinesmanOWPosted 12/12/2011 11:44:50 AM
You can't make "Ultimate" potions.

The best healing potions-as-healing potions you can make are restore health with fortify health, that way the first potion you drink each 60 seconds will give you more cowbell. Blue Mountain Flower + Wheat are two common ingredients that will do it without a third required.
#9AdimaxPosted 12/12/2011 12:12:30 PM
Asia Skyly posted...
Another side note... I miss the past games where the better potions came in smaller vials, not bigger. The vials also weighed less. Now all vials are 0.5lbs.

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=2524

Enjoy.
---
"From concept to paper to reality." -- MtG, Urza's Blueprints
#10Lord_GeminiPosted 12/12/2011 12:26:56 PM
Blue Mountain Flowers, Butterfly Wings, Blue Dartwings, Imp Stool, Swamp Fungal Pod, and wheat all have a restore health effect, and are all really common.

The problem is, of course, even with maxed out skill and all relevant perks, the best potion you can make only heals about 100 points of health. Alchemy gear can double this, and is actually a very viable healing method, but I think alchemy as a primary healing method in Skyrim pales in comparison to Restoration.

On the other hand, alchemy is about 50 times more versatile than restoration so...
---
The clever combatant imposes his will on the enemy, but does not allow the enemy's will to be imposed on him. - Sun Tzu