I can't unlock/use other Shouts?

#1StriderVMPosted 12/15/2011 8:10:22 PM
My character is currently on Level 59. And the last main quest I finished was the getting the helmet of Jurgen Windcaller.

If I also remember correctly, I was Level 20+ when I fought the first dragon (The one at Dragonsreach). Then 40+ When I got Jurgen Windcaller's helmet and seen the first dragon resurrection by Alduin with the Blades member.

So even though I've played a lot of gametime in my game, and collected a lot of the shout words I haven't seem to have unlocked any shouts except the ones given to me by the Graybeards. (Unrelenting Force and Whirlwind Sprint)

Is my game bugged or was I doing things the wrong way (Like kill only Dragons seen being resurrected by Alduin?)
---
PCSX2 - Runs PS2 MVC2 PERFECTLY
NullDC - Runs DC MVC2 nicely, needs only 2.8Ghz PC
#2pizzasoupPosted 12/15/2011 8:11:05 PM
And you have used R to unlock the shouts on your Shouts screen?
---
So shines a good deed in a weary world.
#3MetalxGuitaristPosted 12/15/2011 8:11:47 PM

lol...click on a shout you haven't learned and press "R". Now you're all like OMG! WAT, NO WAI!? :P

#4FehKehPosted 12/15/2011 8:11:50 PM
Have absorbed dragon souls available.

Go to your shouts menu. (You can check how many souls you have in the bottom right here)

Press R on the shout you want to unlock.
---
You have been marked for moderation.
#5joefitts63Posted 12/15/2011 8:12:04 PM
How many dragons have you actually killed? You collect a soul from the ones you kill, then use them to unlock shouts. Go to the magic screen, select shouts, put the cursor on a shout you want to unlock, then hit the R key. If you have available souls, the shout will be unlocked.
---
"Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull then ram it in an eye socket, I know I'm buildin' a better future." - Smiling Jack
#6Avantgarde99Posted 12/15/2011 8:28:34 PM(edited)
Check the bottom right of your "Shout" menu, it shows how many Dragon Souls you've collected so far, if the number is 0, you can't unlock anything. So you must collect dragon souls first, go hunt some dragons.

If there is at least 1 Dragon Souls there, you can use it to unlock 1 word by first selecting the Shout you want to unlock, then press R (default on PC). Remember, 1 Dragon Soul for 1 Word, so you need 3 Dragon Souls (for all 3 Words in a shout) to completely unlocks a Shout. (from all greyed out to all white)
---
Pretty much done with vanilla, trying out various mods
#7StriderVM(Topic Creator)Posted 12/15/2011 8:36:24 PM
Well that was dumb.......

I just got so engrossed in playing that I didn't have the time reading the manual..... Thanks guys. =)
---
PCSX2 - Runs PS2 MVC2 PERFECTLY
NullDC - Runs DC MVC2 nicely, needs only 2.8Ghz PC
#8hunterofjelloPosted 12/15/2011 8:47:36 PM
this thread needs a spoiler tag