What are the conditions to active the killing cut scene on a Dragon?

#1DarkKirby2500Posted 12/16/2011 3:09:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGfhxFufEbc&feature=plcp&context=C38daa59UDOEgsToPDskIXAMBl_1Vow2BNUso3vOve

I've tried it a few times repeatedly loading my quick save then running into the Dragon's head and using a 1 handed power attack (even though I Dual Wield since dual wield attacks never activate killing cut scenes) to kill it but I never get the cut scene to activate.

Thanks for the help.
---
The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him.
<==]-<(-_o)>-[==>
#2Rama_IIIPosted 12/16/2011 3:10:49 PM
I've seen it about a dozen times, and at level 57 all I do is dragonrend it and then spam standing regular one-handed shots on his skull until he dies. I use a sword and shield, if that matters.
---
The Garden Of Rama
Arthur C. Clarke is the one true God.
#3DarkKirby2500(Topic Creator)Posted 12/16/2011 3:16:54 PM
He was using a sword and shield in the video. Is that a requirement?

Also were you using 1 handed power attacks or just 1 handed normal attacks. Usually to activate killing cut scenes on NPCs you needs a power attack so I thought it was the same.
---
The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him.
<==]-<(-_o)>-[==>
#4Treason686Posted 12/16/2011 3:19:10 PM
DarkKirby2500 posted...
He was using a sword and shield in the video. Is that a requirement?

Also were you using 1 handed power attacks or just 1 handed normal attacks. Usually to activate killing cut scenes on NPCs you needs a power attack so I thought it was the same.

Pretty sure I only activated it once, but I've mostly just played a mage so I don't melee much.

I did not have a shield. I just had a bound sword and a spell.
---
|| PSN/360 GT: Treason686 ||
PC: Core i7 920 || 6GB DDR3|| Crossfire XFX Radeon 6870 || HP w2408h
#5blowsephPosted 12/16/2011 3:23:36 PM

even though I Dual Wield since dual wield attacks never activate killing cut scenes

I get kill scenes with dual wield all the time
---
http://i43.tinypic.com/zydphc.jpg
#6CreekRobPosted 12/16/2011 4:35:57 PM
Yea, I get kill animations using dual daggers quite frequently. If anything, I seem to get them less often when using power attacks (not sure if lowered/depleted stamina has anything to do with it).
#7DarkKirby2500(Topic Creator)Posted 12/16/2011 4:42:34 PM
blowseph posted...
even though I Dual Wield since dual wield attacks never activate killing cut scenes
I get kill scenes with dual wield all the time

Yeah you can when you dual wield and use a 1 handed power attack and get the cut scene with you using both weapons. But the dual wield power attack itself doesn't seem to activate it.

Now that I think about maybe the issue is dual wield power attacks cause massive damage and stagger and NPCs need to be in a neutral position for the cut scene to happen, so it might be possible but hard.
---
<==]-<(-_o)>-[==>
#8Allvah2Posted 12/16/2011 4:56:20 PM
It's a random chance if a melee strike is the killing blow. That's pretty much it. I've gotten kill animations with both dual wield and two-handed on many occasions, and my roommate gets them with 1H/shield all the time.
---
Check out 'Analog' - Great video game music every week, Tuesday nights at 8pm Central US time! Tune in to Extreme Anime Radio - http://animeradio.net
#9Asia SkylyPosted 12/16/2011 4:58:35 PM
I get the feeling the animations are tied to critical hits. So not only do you need to land the killing blow, but that blow must be a critical hit. How to achieve that is not clear to me. Try using Mark for Death and see if that increases your cutscenes...
---
Lady Astor: "Winston, if I were your wife I'd put poison in your coffee."
Winston Churchill: "Nancy, if I were your husband I'd drink it."
#10xGenocidestPosted 12/16/2011 5:02:43 PM
I get the deathblow dual-wielding all the time. Maybe it's tied to the one decapitation perk?