What does dual casting conjuration do, is conjuration worth it?

#1TizerakPosted 12/20/2011 3:42:52 PM
I was pretty dissapointed with Destruction since the damage doesn't scale and I kept running out of magicka, so I wanted to try a conjuration mage but didn't know if conjuration was any good like do the summons scale with level so they don't become worthless, what does dual casting conjuration do? does it make the summons stronger or do they just last longer.
---
PS3/Steam: Tizerak; HoN: Oozinator
#2SupremeZeroPosted 12/20/2011 3:43:54 PM
Dual Casting Conjuration spells is eh. It's effect is doubling the duration, but the spells usually last long enough as is just by getting the perks you have to get to move on in the tree. Conjuration itself, however, is probably the best magic in the game.
---
There's always hope for better things in life. But you can't let anything, friend, lover, God himself, be your hope. You have to be your own hope.
#3RieversPosted 12/20/2011 3:44:19 PM
increases duration of spells cast

And conjuration can solo the game pretty much, two dremora lords will take on everything regardless of difficulty.
#4pies12Posted 12/20/2011 3:56:52 PM

Conjuration itself, however, is probably the second best magic in the game.

fixed
---
"Obviously it was the most epic bubble hearth of all time."
~FalcownPAUNCH on Dalaran being moved to Northrend.
#5Tizerak(Topic Creator)Posted 12/20/2011 4:03:50 PM
I've been looking around and it seems dramora lords are beast but what about the Atronachs I thought they seemed cool but I didn't know if they were comparable or not or worth spending the perk that makes them stronger, etc.
---
PS3/Steam: Tizerak; HoN: Oozinator
#6RieversPosted 12/20/2011 4:05:41 PM
Tizerak posted...
I've been looking around and it seems dramora lords are beast but what about the Atronachs I thought they seemed cool but I didn't know if they were comparable or not or worth spending the perk that makes them stronger, etc.

Yes it is worth it. Just because two dremora lords will demlish anything on the ground doesn't mean that they will hit things at range.

I usually go with 1x Dremora Lord 1x Strom Atronarch when I feel like I wanna AFK through whatever I'm doing. Only real problems are resistances at that point. But in short: the atronarchs are fine..
#7FeatherwindPosted 12/20/2011 4:24:26 PM
Well if you find that destruction didn't "scale" (I have no idea what people mean with this anymore) then Conjuration probably does even less.

All I can say is that the Flame Atronachs are very cheap to summon and a few consecutive Flame Atronachs can handle most monsters. The Storm Atronachs are very similar but they can take on even harder enemies like Draugr Scourges and Giants. The Dremora is fine but seems to get a little obsolete fast since you can get the Dead Thrall soon after.

The Dead Thralls/other necromancy spells don't scale (in the Gamefaqs meaning of the word) either but it is very fun and powerful.

The Dual Casting makes the spells last longer and is hardly ever needed when going Atronach/Dead Thrall. It can be very useful if you wish to use the nonpermanent necromancy spells though. I don't know if it does anything for the Expel Daedra spells.
#8AlleRacingPosted 12/20/2011 4:25:06 PM

increases duration of spells cast

And conjuration can solo the game pretty much, two dremora lords will take on everything regardless of difficulty.

Briarhearts can take down several dremora lords.

The atronachs are great until you get the dremora lord. The flame atronach is a damn sniper, and can hit flying dragons like nobody's business. The frost atronach is a tank, and useful for casting ice storm behind. The storm atronach is a pretty good all-rounder, he can do long range casting (can't snipe dragons as well as the flame atronach can though), and his melee is actually pretty damn powerful.

The basic versions of the spell are lower level though, so the flame and frost atronach will quickly become impotent (even the supposedly potent ones). However, the storm atronach, as well as all atronach thralls, start at level 30, and go to level 35 if they're potent. The dremora lord is level 46 by comparison.
---
http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8325/scrunchface2copyfx0.png
http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/default/alle5.jpg
#9mistrfantasyPosted 12/20/2011 4:31:15 PM
All magic in this game gets obsolete fast. That said Conjuration scales better than most other magic schools(i think Illusion scales better).
#10RieversPosted 12/20/2011 4:32:43 PM
AlleRacing posted...
Briarhearts can take down several dremora lords and a player easily

Yes tough enemies exist, by the way I fixed that for you but it doesn't change the fact that dremora lords will stomp on damn near everything in the game. I've also never had my storm atronach miss a dragon in flight, but I'm sure it can happen.

As you said yourself, no reason to use a flame atronarch (aside resistances) when you can summon the storm version, or conjure thralls.