Using conjured weapons should raise conjuration.

#1Sharjar95Posted 12/23/2011 4:25:34 PM

Conjuration is so tedious to level. If I conjure a bow, I'll probably use that bow for a while, meaning I won't be conjuring very much. Why not make a conjured weapon raise conjuration?

#2playingforfunPosted 12/23/2011 4:31:17 PM
It does. As does having a conjured pet in combat that you summoned before entering combat. It is just much smaller than the act of conjuring while in combat. Same goes for Alteration buffs, actually casting them while in combat gives the greatest boost (very noticeable) but you do get small bits of skill experience just having an alteration active while in combat.
#3darkholyPLPosted 12/23/2011 4:31:46 PM
Well if you don't mind using a bit of an exploit, you can just cast soul trap on a dead mob over and over. Or you can stand in a place that an enemy can't reach and cast bound sword over and over. Gets conjuration level up rather fast.
---
"90% of all men jerk off, the other 10%.. no hands" -Richard Jeni
#4CenaxKikiaPosted 12/23/2011 4:40:10 PM
Whenever a conjured weapon is summoned and you are in combat, the conjuration bar generates slowly. It does raise it. The bar also raises at the same rate while an atronach or daedra is summoned. It raises twice as fast for undead being summoned. If you summon an undead, and weild a conjured weapon, it raises very quickly when in combat.

Out of combat you can cast soul trap on corpses
---
"The unknown.. trolls us.." -Carl Sagan
I play with balls and cubes -> http://www.youtube.com/CenaxKikia
#5Strawberry_JumPosted 12/23/2011 6:21:31 PM
Conjuration is the first skill I levelled to 100 (one-handed will be the next) because of how much xp you get purely for bound weapons (always had a bound sword, only conjuration spell I used was a bound sword).
---
Here is a welcome. It's yours. You can have it. That's your welcome. You're welcome. -dakotah1978
This topic is false. We all know girls are a myth. - JonSan
#6Bisected8Posted 12/23/2011 6:32:27 PM
Why does summoning an undead raise it faster than a daeadra?
---
"Once you're dead you're made for life"- Jimi Hendrix
"I wish men had boobs"- Emma Bunton
#7Garuda_cyborgPosted 12/23/2011 6:43:46 PM(edited)

Conjuration is so tedious to level. If I conjure a bow, I'll probably use that bow for a while, meaning I won't be conjuring very much. Why not make a conjured weapon raise conjuration?

By this logic, Alchemy should be raised every time you swing a poisoned weapon. I don't think it should quite work that way.
---
My FC -> 4212 3513 8759
Sareph: The gray fox was wrong this whole time. Why cover your face with a mask when you can cover their face with a bucket?
#8cbftwPosted 12/23/2011 7:48:53 PM
Bisected8 posted...
Why does summoning an undead raise it faster than a daeadra?

Because you need a corpse to cast on for undead and you can summon an atronach at will.
#9myztikricePosted 12/23/2011 8:37:50 PM
Conjuration is one of the least bothersome to level trees in the game.
---
Why are you always smiling?
'Cause it's all so ****in' hysterical.
#10crunchy612Posted 12/23/2011 11:10:19 PM
^that. Got my first Bound Spell, killed a few bandits, revived with Raise Zombie(especially Bandit leaders/chiefs), whacked a bit til they get agro, summon bound weapon, profit.

I think i got Conjuration to level 32 in less than an hour.
---
Official Seven of the Type-0 board.
"They'll probably just have people bleed out sunshine and lollipops." - XxEpic_GirlxX