#1tolkiennuttPosted 1/19/2012 6:03:17 PM

Hey guys I'm thinking about playing warrior 1 handed/sheild bash build 

This is what im thinking:

Nord or Imp

Block

Smithing

One handed 

Resto

Im kinda on fence on armor.  Should I got with Heavy or light?

#2MumblypegPosted 1/19/2012 6:13:25 PM
light is cool
---
LoL IGN: Mumblypeg
#3tolkiennutt(Topic Creator)Posted 1/19/2012 6:24:43 PM

I guess better movement would be a plus with Light Armor..   

#4RawePosted 1/19/2012 9:41:24 PM
Why resto?
---
PS3 - Wii - 360 - PSP - PC Gamer
Intel i5-2500k - Asus P8P67 Pro - EVGA GTX 570 - 8GB G.SKILL RipJaws X DDR3 1600MHZ
#5J4CKOFSPAD3SPosted 1/19/2012 9:59:18 PM
Definitely light. Can still reach the armor cap plus 50% bonus to stamina regeneration when wearing all light armor.
#6tolkiennutt(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2012 2:00:51 PM

I might go for alchemy instead resto..   I was thinking Resto for healing

#7Rude_BoyPosted 1/20/2012 2:52:40 PM
I noticed that heavy shields actually do more damage when bashing, however. I know it's still not huge, but I often finish off weakened enemies or kill very weak ones with just my shield.
---
I just shoot them in the face repeatedly. If I have a Winchester, and they have a face, I'll win.
#8condw93Posted 1/20/2012 3:05:12 PM
Best Shield Bash strategy ever:

Left Hand: Shield
Right Hand: Healing Spell
Restoration Perk that makes Healing spells recover Stamina
ENDLESS BASHING
---
I make up my opinions from facts and reasoning, and not to suit anybody but myself - William Tecumseh Sherman
#9MercenaryKPosted 1/20/2012 5:28:59 PM
condw93 posted...
Best Shield Bash strategy ever:

Left Hand: Shield
Right Hand: Healing Spell
Restoration Perk that makes Healing spells recover Stamina
ENDLESS BASHING

This. I can't tell how many times restoring my stamina while blocking a death lord, bear, or some other retardedly op enemy while my companion does the dirty work. Also this allows you to spam power attacks much much more often.

It's SO bad ass to perform a Critical Charge from one opponent to the other. Oh yeah, and you're a walking tank. I wouldn't even worry about Light vs Heavy armor, go with whatever you find appealing cosmetically.

Armor will mostly be of a concern IF you don't block an attack, but if you're going with a shield build and using restro, so you have the stamina to block, you shouldn't be taking direct damage.

I've been playing with a build that has had about 50 armor, maybe up to 100 armor now that I've upgraded to a glass helm...I primarily use light boots, gloves, and shield. Otherwise I wear a robe and a hood. Having stupidly low armor makes me highly prone to being one shot while NOT blocking, BUT having a high block, and blocking enchantments, I take next to no damage that way.
---
We're stating our opinions and you're insulting us and throwing "I HAZ LYFE" in people's faces like it matters to anyone or anything. - Ziero