Enchanting with console?

#1demoncubPosted 1/28/2012 12:03:16 PM
I'd like to enchant a weapon, but my character doesn't have the skill. She does, however, have plenty of gold. What I'm thinking is subtracting a fair amount of gold and in exchange enchanting her weapon, as though she paid someone to do it. So, is there a console command to enchant her weapon?
---
*Bets on Spike*
#2VividAxisPosted 1/28/2012 4:50:31 PM
Step 0
Save your game.
Remove any armor, clothing, or jewelry that you are wearing if it has any type of enchantments.

Step 1
Player.SetAV Enchanting 100
Notice there is a . after Player in this command.
When you enchant an item with the Console, the power of the item is based on your Enchanting skill. You will need to raise it, create the enchanted item, then set it back to what it is now.

Step 2
PlayerEnchantObject weaponid MGEF MGEF
Notice that there is no . after Player in this command.

Weapon id's can be found on this page:
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Weapons

This page lists all of the MGEF numbers:
http://skyrim.mmo-game.eu/lists-all-spells-enchants-magic-effects/
You will notice what seems like duplicate names in the codes. Use the names that begin with or include "Ench" and "Contact".

Item Creation Examples:
PlayerEnchantObject 139a0 5b452
will create an Elven Mace with Soul Trap.

PlayerEnchantObject 139b7 5b450 acbb5
will create a Daedric Greatsword that does Stamina Damage and Banishes Summoned Daedra.

PlayerEnchantObject 139ad aa156
will create an Ebony Bow that Absorbs Magicka.

The weapon will be added to your inventory when you create it. Check it before going to the next step.

Step 3
Player.SetAV Enchanting ####
Set #### to whatever your enchanting level was before you did Step 1.

Step 4
Player.RemoveItem F ####
Set #### to the amount of gold you want to remove.
#3demoncub(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2012 7:42:07 PM
You are AWESOME. :D I only wish I could name the item, but that's okay. THANK YOU!
---
*Bets on Spike*
#4blowsephPosted 1/28/2012 8:30:17 PM
A note here (this is more for armors than for weapons) is that you can add enchantments to a piece of gear that it would usually not allow. In some cases this results in the enchanted effect not showing up in your active effects list, but it should in reality still be active and effective.
---
http://i41.tinypic.com/rsvioo.jpg
#5VividAxisPosted 1/30/2012 2:17:26 PM(edited)
demoncub posted...
I only wish I could name the item

Me too. You could disenchant the item at an enchanting table, then make a new item and name it.

edit.
Nevermind that idea. I tried several things and couldn't get it to work. Then I found this on the uesp: "Enchanted weapons/equipment created with playerenchantobject cannot be disenchanted, the game will tell you that you already have the effect."
#6Zero IXPosted 1/30/2012 4:54:24 PM
I'm guessing you can't enchant things that already have enchantments, such as Thieves Guild or Nightingale outfits, correct?
---
"An Incandescent Revelation in a World of Darkened Forms"
The bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame
#7VividAxisPosted 1/30/2012 5:27:04 PM
True. ^
I tried console-enchanting a few items that were already enchanted and it didn't return any errors but the items it added to my inventory did not have the extra enchantments I tried to add.
#8Zero IXPosted 1/30/2012 6:39:36 PM(edited)
I made some items others might find interesting using the list of enchantment effects and this link:

http://skyrim.mmo-game.eu/enchanting-items-console/

-Magic ring with "Nocturnal" and "Nightingale Shadow" makes a ring that turns you invisible upon sneaking with a poof
-You can put Boethiah's Embrace effect's stealth field and poison aura on anything you want.
-J'Zargo's Flamecloak on some robes in the middle of a town= lols, and Shock Cloak + Disintegrate results in lots of ash piles.
-You can make items enchanted with the alchemical Fortify Destruction effect, which increases the actual damage of your spells. I don't complain about the strength of Destruction because it's good enough, but for those who complained, now you can send things flying. D:
-Enchant a weapon with weakness to poison. Now you'll have a use for that perk that makes poisons last longer and all those other poison-related perks in Alchemy!
-Or you could just be lazy and add 100 points of poison damage (I think it's the "Falmer Poison" effect) along with 100% weakness to poison and kill anything in a few stabs no matter what weapon it's on
-"Dragon Breath" effect is just 150 points of regular ol' fire damage, lol
-Dragonhide on a ring or amulet= 80% damage reduction, combine with 85% Resist Magic for the most damage resistance against all types of magic in just one item

There's probably other awesome things like permanent Telekinesis on gloves or something.
---
#9ElemenopePosted 1/30/2012 6:55:34 PM
I did this to create a "the one ring" from the lord of the rings. It was a gold ring that would make you poof into invisibility when you went into sneak mode. It was enchanted with the "Shadowcloak of Nocturnal" effect, except passive. The only problem is I put it on one too many times and now the effect is permanent, even when I take the ring off. The same thing happened when I put on a circlet that added the "Sovengarde glow effect". The glow persisted forever no matter what I did. So WATCH OUT

I had to make a new character, I ruined it for myself.

Also I made a circlet that added the "Highborn" power whenever you were wearing it, that was pretty cool watching my magicka regenerate as fast as if I were constantly drinking mana potions
---
Humans, our best friends, yet our greatest weakness. - Bu113tPr00fM4n
Dear God, please kill Peter Parker.
#10Zero IXPosted 1/30/2012 7:09:46 PM
If you wait long enough it will eventually wear off.
---