Easiest way to make health potions?

#1thegreybear2Posted 2/4/2012 7:16:05 AM
What's the easiest way to get the most effective possible health potions? Which ingredients should I go for? I know there's an alchemy FAQ, but I specifically want to know which combinations are both easy to find and provide good health recovery.
#2Bex_7Posted 2/4/2012 7:20:25 AM
The ingredients don't dictate the strength of the potion; it's your alchemy skill plus bonuses from armor, enchants, and potions.

Blisterwort, Blue Dartwing, Blue Mountain Flower, Butterfly Wing, Imp Stool, Rock Warbler Egg, Wheat, Swamp Fungal Pod, Charred Skeever Hide, and Daedra Heart all can be used for a restore health potion (though I highly recommend not using a Daedra Heart on a health potion lol)

Hope this helps.
---
Antec 900 II, Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield OC 3.40Ghz, Asus P5N-E SLI motherboard, Thermaltake 800W PSU, EVGA GTX470 SC Edition, 6042MB DDR2 RAM
#3redrum1954Posted 2/4/2012 11:14:04 AM
I think Blisterwort and Wheat are probably the easiest to find/cheapest to buy
---
The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist hopes the wind will change; the realist adjusts the sails.
#4thegreybear2(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2012 12:15:56 AM
How long does it take for harvestable things like flowers and wheat on farms to respawn?
#5bahamutzzzzPosted 2/11/2012 12:19:12 AM

Casting healing spells is much cheaper IMO. I have a lot of un-used potions in my inventory.

#6mayatolaPosted 2/11/2012 12:24:34 AM
bahamutzzzz posted...
Casting healing spells is much cheaper IMO. I have a lot of un-used potions in my inventory.

Yeah but spells take time and magicka. Potions are instant. Also, after a certain point, all you find is ultimate healing potions, which are better than any healing spell.
---
Gamertag: kakugo82
PSN & Steam ID: mayatola
#7bahamutzzzzPosted 2/11/2012 12:47:57 AM

hitomi ownz me posted...
bahamutzzzz posted...

Yeah but spells take time and magicka. Potions are instant. Also, after a certain point, all you find is ultimate healing potions, which are better than any healing spell.
---
Gamertag: kakugo82
PSN & Steam ID: mayatola

Use both. I never run out of potions and I only get my potions by creating any ingredients I picked when I am traveling or from dungeons. I never bought it and I just healing if I have time to heal, and use potions in emergency

#8SN_NinjaPosted 2/11/2012 1:07:32 AM

The ingredients don't dictate the strength of the potion; it's your alchemy skill plus bonuses from armor, enchants, and potions.

Actually, certain ingredients do give more strength to the potion. Crimson nirnroot, for example, has 3x damage health.
#9St0Ne4GePosted 2/11/2012 2:37:30 AM
Every now and then I go and catch some monarch butterfly wings, and visit some farms for wheat and make tons of potions. Throw in any sabre cat eyes and blisterwort when you have them.