skyrim clean re-install

#1qwertyuopasdfghPosted 2/7/2012 5:18:25 PM
Hi guys,

I want to re-install skyrim. Last time i did this the mods were still there when i uninstalled it via steam and when i re-installed it the mods became active again. How can i delete everything and get a clean re-install? also will the Hi-res textures pack need to be re-installed? Thanks very much.
---
PSN: amg123 GT: skilletbun
#2driedupfishPosted 2/7/2012 5:24:30 PM
I am not entirely sure. Try moving all the texture, mesh and the mod plugins to another location, then reinstall the game.
#3driedupfishPosted 2/7/2012 5:24:59 PM
remember to uncheck the plugins in the skyrim launcher or Nexus mod manager.
#4qwertyuopasdfgh(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2012 5:32:04 PM
if i were to delete the texture and mesh folders and then uninstall would that break anything you think?
---
#5Untimely DemisePosted 2/7/2012 5:35:51 PM
Just uninstall the game through Steam (right click>Delete Local Content) then go to your <Wherever Steam is installed>/steamapps/common directory, and delete the entire "Skyrim" folder, then reinstall through Steam.

The texture pack should be tied to your game in your Steam account and should be uninstalled/reinstalled automatically along with Skyrim.
#6deadlycrossover2006Posted 2/7/2012 5:36:05 PM
You have to delete Skyrim in your control panel under add/remove programs. That worked for me when I wanted a fresh install.
#7qwertyuopasdfgh(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2012 5:39:17 PM
Thanks very much gentlemen. I want to save my saves though so if i uncheck all my mods and then save can i still use that save if i make a backup of it?
---
#8TjmaximusPosted 2/7/2012 5:46:38 PM(edited)
Untimely Demise posted...
Just uninstall the game through Steam (right click>Delete Local Content) then go to your <Wherever Steam is installed>/steamapps/common directory, and delete the entire "Skyrim" folder, then reinstall through Steam.

The texture pack should be tied to your game in your Steam account and should be uninstalled/reinstalled automatically along with Skyrim.

This and also, if you have problems getting it to run make sure to delete the "Skyrim" folder in "My Games" if it doesn't on it's own, I know that Oblivion didn't work sometimes until you deleted that folder.

There probably aren't any mods that complex that would cause it to really need to be done, but it's best to know for clean installs in the future (If you need help finding it, mine is under [UserName]>Documents>My Games).

EDIT: But saves are also in there, so back them up somewhere safe!
#9qwertyuopasdfgh(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2012 5:45:48 PM
much appreciated
---