Some mods not showing up in data files?

#1coocoo4cocopopsPosted 2/9/2012 9:17:32 PM
So I downloaded improved blood textures. It didn't appear in the Data Files section and it didn't work.
I also downloaded Enhanced Night Sky. That too did not appear in the Data Files sections, however it DID work.

What's going on?
---
dam u adrian
#2116135Posted 2/9/2012 9:22:26 PM(edited)
Mods that replace textures usually don't appear in the data files section. Only mods that have a .esm or .esp file need to be checked off in data files.

Did you check to make sure that you unpacked it in the right directory?
#3kotor2242Posted 2/9/2012 9:22:55 PM
Are you using the workshop or did you download them off the nexus?
---
Really whats the point to sigs, I mean its not like your going to read this pointless thing, oh wait, sorry.
#4coocoo4cocopops(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2012 9:32:37 PM
I downloaded these off of Skyrim Nexus, where I then stuffed everything into the Data folder.
---
dam u adrian
#5kotor2242Posted 2/9/2012 9:38:35 PM
You need to put the blood texture mod files into their proper folders. If you unpack the original download you'll see that that within the data folder there are texture and probably mesh folders. Overwrite the ones that are in your install directory and it should work fine.
---
Really whats the point to sigs, I mean its not like your going to read this pointless thing, oh wait, sorry.
#6coocoo4cocopops(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2012 9:45:52 PM
I have so many folders in my Data folder called 'textures' and 'meshes' I don't know which is the original...
Can anyone help me out?
---
dam u adrian
#7kotor2242Posted 2/9/2012 9:53:05 PM
You should only have one "textures" folder in data. The path should be something like this.
Skyim install directory>data>textures
you need to put the texture files from the enhanced blood mod into this texture folder. there should already be a blood texture folder so just take the new folder and overwrite the old one with it. do the same thing for any mesh files you downloaded.
---
#8coocoo4cocopops(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2012 10:08:13 PM(edited)
Ah I see it, I'm unable to find meshes, however. It's looking like this right now: common > skyrim > data > textures
Although, I do have a meshes folder in common > skyrim > data > data
---
dam u adrian
#9Shabutaro1337Posted 2/10/2012 1:27:41 AM
y u no use nexus mod manager?
---
Live to die, die to live!
#10Sk0rbutPosted 2/10/2012 3:05:03 AM
Having a data folder in your data folder is always a sign of misplaced files. Take everything from skyrim/data/data and put it into skyrim/data.
---
Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid. - L. McKinney