Paralysis enchantment?

#1MasterofXDPosted 2/15/2012 6:11:01 PM
Where can I get one? I can't seem to find any items with it.

BTW - Where can I create good bows? nightingale isnt cutting it anymore.
---
Pokemon White FC: 5371-9943-3330
#2Elec Man EXEPosted 2/15/2012 6:20:19 PM
Its random loot, there's no specific place to find a weapon with it. There's only a single static weapon with a Paralysis effect (Chillrend) and its not disenchantable.

Just look around vendors. Thats really the only option. Its quite rare, so it'll take some doing to find it, but its bound to show up eventually.

Could always abuse stuff like the "Attack the vendor, reload the save to reset their inventory" bug if you don't want to wait the 2 days required for normal resets.
---
Master of Electricity
#3MasterofXD(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2012 6:22:14 PM
Elec Man EXE posted...
Its random loot, there's no specific place to find a weapon with it. There's only a single static weapon with a Paralysis effect (Chillrend) and its not disenchantable.

Just look around vendors. Thats really the only option. Its quite rare, so it'll take some doing to find it, but its bound to show up eventually.

Could always abuse stuff like the "Attack the vendor, reload the save to reset their inventory" bug if you don't want to wait the 2 days required for normal resets.

Which vendors would most likely have it?
---
#4HyperRyunPosted 2/15/2012 6:33:03 PM(edited)
The following items use this effect. You can learn how to enchant custom items with Paralyze if you find one of the following items and disenchant it:

All weapons of Immobilizing
All weapons of Petrifying
All weapons of Stunning

Easiest way would be to check the whiterun blacksmith, if one of them doesn't have it, quicksave, kill that person, reload, check again, repeat forever until acquiring it.

Of course, you'll need to be a sufficient level for it to show up, which is unknown.
---
http://i.imgur.com/F3AIV.gif
#5MasterofXD(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2012 6:38:10 PM
HyperRyun posted...
The following items use this effect. You can learn how to enchant custom items with Paralyze if you find one of the following items and disenchant it:

All weapons of Immobilizing
All weapons of Petrifying
All weapons of Stunning

Easiest way would be to check the whiterun blacksmith, if one of them doesn't have it, quicksave, kill that person, reload, check again, repeat forever until acquiring it.

Of course, you'll need to be a sufficient level for it to show up, which is unknown.

I usually just regular save, how do I quicksave? =p never used it before.

Off topic: Where do I get the throw voice shout? like exact location and what is it near by?
---
#6mayatolaPosted 2/15/2012 7:01:30 PM
The earliest you can acquire a paralysis weapon from a vendor is level 22, same as banish. link - http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Generic_Magic_Weapons#Paralyze

Throw Voice shout is from Shearpoint. I don't remember exactly where it is, but you can just wiki it and get the location (I'd give you a link but wiki seems to be messed up atm).

Quicksave is F5, quickload is F9.
---
Gamertag: kakugo82
PSN & Steam ID: mayatola
#7bahamutzzzzPosted 2/15/2012 7:03:43 PM

Paralysis is awesome, I got one from vampire's random loot when my level is around 45. Doesnt work with dragons though :p

#8JGA1980Posted 2/15/2012 8:37:22 PM
If you're going to exploit a bug like "Attack the vendor, reload the save to reset their inventory", then you might as well save yourself some time and use the console to spawn a weapon with the paralysis effect to disenchant.

Open up the console and type: player.additem 000be197 1.

This will give you an Elven Dagger of Stunning that you can disenchant and if you want to be honest, you could always just put 700 gold in a random barrel to pretend you bought it.

Obviously using the console is cheating, but so is exploiting a bug like killing the vendor and reloading, but at least using the console is less reprehensible than repeatedly murdering a NPC just to make their inventory change.
#9Elec Man EXEPosted 2/15/2012 9:12:36 PM
JGA1980 posted...
If you're going to exploit a bug like "Attack the vendor, reload the save to reset their inventory", then you might as well save yourself some time and use the console to spawn a weapon with the paralysis effect to disenchant.

Open up the console and type: player.additem 000be197 1.

This will give you an Elven Dagger of Stunning that you can disenchant and if you want to be honest, you could always just put 700 gold in a random barrel to pretend you bought it.

Obviously using the console is cheating, but so is exploiting a bug like killing the vendor and reloading, but at least using the console is less reprehensible than repeatedly murdering a NPC just to make their inventory change.

You don't have to kill them. Just punch them in the face once and reload, that does the trick just as well.

Either was is "cheating" but at least the exploit requires a little time and effort.
---
Master of Electricity