Can't alt+tab!

#1SummonerthingPosted 2/16/2012 8:21:01 AM
I hate how my computer will randomly alt+tab out of skyrim. It doesn't crash, and I'm normally no where near the computer when it happens. Oh well, I must have had some kind of pop up. Now to get back into Skyrim! Wait -- I can't -.- . I've read many threads on this subject, but no one has been able to help me.

As I'm sure many, if not all, of us are aware, Skyrim -- and Bethesda in general from what I've heard -- doesn't like the alt+tab. If you alt+tab out you can't click on its minimized tab to bring it back up. I've read that you have to alt+tab back, and that it often takes a few tries. Otherwise, a person gets a black screen.

My problem, on the other hand, is not solved by alt+tabbing back in. I do not have a black screen. When I alt+tab from my full-screen I end up with a Skyrim window that is see-through. Even if I alt+tab to something other than Skyrim, it remains on top so I can not use whatever window I switched to. I can, however, click and move the window so that it's just above my task-bar and out of the way -- hence how I am currently typing this message.

So -- no black screen, only a see-through window that is only beat by my task-manager when set to always be on top or by moving it out of the way. Alt+tabbing or logo + tabbing shows Skyrim as a window with nothing in it too. No amount of alt+ tabbing, alt+shift+ tabbing, logo+tabbing, logo+shift+tabbing fixes my issue. I have to use the task manager to close Skyrim and reopen -- deleting any unsaved progress.

Also, even though I am on my internet window and not my Skyrim, I can still hear the music of the dungeon I'm in. Once alt+tabbed out, I don't hear anything. If I try to use the task-bar or alt+tab back in that's when the music returns.

Anyone else have this problem and not the standard black-screen? Anyone know the fix to this issue? Like is there an update I don't know about, or a mod, or something? Alt+tabbing can't be the only solution -- because this is a completely different problem with the same hindrance.
#2McHamenPosted 2/16/2012 8:51:35 AM
The only advice I can give is to play in windowed mode.
---
I like you.
#3NinjaKitsunePosted 2/16/2012 8:41:36 PM
I have to alt tab, then while it's selected and you see the window, alt tab to select it again (alt-tab forward, continue holding alt, alt-shift-tab back) and that will bring be back into the game.
---
Nasa was elated that the Phoenix lander has detected ice on Mars. The elation turns to concern when, several hours later, the lander detects a Zamboni machine.
#4ExiliousPosted 2/16/2012 8:47:31 PM
McHamen posted...
The only advice I can give is to play in windowed mode.

Bad advice. You get no back buffer rendering when you play windowed mode.
---
i5 2500k @ 4.4ghz | 2x PNY XLR8 GTX 470 SLI | 12gb PNY XLR8 DDR3 1600mhz CAS-7 | OCZ Vertex 3 120gb
Vitiate, Sorcerer Healer [Wound in the Force]
#5dennis941012Posted 2/16/2012 8:47:55 PM
click skyrim logo (one you exited out of ) then alt + tab from there back to logo
---
http://www.demaciancomics.com/albums/userpics/10008/I4MZ9.jpg
This is how you play LoL