Can't alt+tab!

• Topic Archived
4 years ago#1
I hate how my computer will randomly alt+tab out of skyrim. It doesn't crash, and I'm normally no where near the computer when it happens. Oh well, I must have had some kind of pop up. Now to get back into Skyrim! Wait -- I can't -.- . I've read many threads on this subject, but no one has been able to help me.

As I'm sure many, if not all, of us are aware, Skyrim -- and Bethesda in general from what I've heard -- doesn't like the alt+tab. If you alt+tab out you can't click on its minimized tab to bring it back up. I've read that you have to alt+tab back, and that it often takes a few tries. Otherwise, a person gets a black screen.

My problem, on the other hand, is not solved by alt+tabbing back in. I do not have a black screen. When I alt+tab from my full-screen I end up with a Skyrim window that is see-through. Even if I alt+tab to something other than Skyrim, it remains on top so I can not use whatever window I switched to. I can, however, click and move the window so that it's just above my task-bar and out of the way -- hence how I am currently typing this message.

So -- no black screen, only a see-through window that is only beat by my task-manager when set to always be on top or by moving it out of the way. Alt+tabbing or logo + tabbing shows Skyrim as a window with nothing in it too. No amount of alt+ tabbing, alt+shift+ tabbing, logo+tabbing, logo+shift+tabbing fixes my issue. I have to use the task manager to close Skyrim and reopen -- deleting any unsaved progress.

Also, even though I am on my internet window and not my Skyrim, I can still hear the music of the dungeon I'm in. Once alt+tabbed out, I don't hear anything. If I try to use the task-bar or alt+tab back in that's when the music returns.

Anyone else have this problem and not the standard black-screen? Anyone know the fix to this issue? Like is there an update I don't know about, or a mod, or something? Alt+tabbing can't be the only solution -- because this is a completely different problem with the same hindrance.
4 years ago#2
The only advice I can give is to play in windowed mode.
I like you.
4 years ago#3
I have to alt tab, then while it's selected and you see the window, alt tab to select it again (alt-tab forward, continue holding alt, alt-shift-tab back) and that will bring be back into the game.
Nasa was elated that the Phoenix lander has detected ice on Mars. The elation turns to concern when, several hours later, the lander detects a Zamboni machine.
4 years ago#4
McHamen posted...
The only advice I can give is to play in windowed mode.

Bad advice. You get no back buffer rendering when you play windowed mode.
i5 2500k @ 4.4ghz | 2x PNY XLR8 GTX 470 SLI | 12gb PNY XLR8 DDR3 1600mhz CAS-7 | OCZ Vertex 3 120gb
Vitiate, Sorcerer Healer [Wound in the Force]
4 years ago#5
click skyrim logo (one you exited out of ) then alt + tab from there back to logo
http://www.demaciancomics.com/albums/userpics/10008/I4MZ9.jpg
This is how you play LoL

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived