Puzzle Between North Brittleshin pass and Sleeping Tree Camp

#1JagorosPosted 2/27/2012 1:05:58 AM
So I've been trying to solve this puzzle and I can only assume something isn't right. I must be missing something here. Is there some sort of item I need or a level I have to be for this grate to open in the floor?

X ------Y-------Z
--------- S------

X is whale, Y is Eagle, Z is snake. The S is for switch. Those are the stones pictures that are behind each one. On the bottom of the turning rock is a darkened arrow. I put those pictures to the arrow... turn the switch and nothing happens. I've tried every order I can randomly do without mathematically plotting it out. Any ideas?
---
~Jagoros
Madness takes it's toll. Please have exact change ready.
#2xtakedaPosted 2/27/2012 1:07:55 AM
If its the puzzle I think it is. Just move each of the statues 2 times. I don't remember how they start off but moving each one twice helps out.
#3Jagoros(Topic Creator)Posted 2/27/2012 1:11:23 AM
Just went through and tried that... still not opening. I dont understand what's happening.
---
~Jagoros
#4Unknown LorePosted 2/27/2012 3:03:44 AM
I don't remember the combination, but I got it open just by going through each possible setting until I got it right. It'll only take a few minutes to do it.
---
I question your sexual orientation.
#5Dick2kPosted 2/27/2012 7:37:31 AM
The answer to the puzzle is the pictures behind the switches. But they have to face towards the center.. Ish. Google something like secret chest puzzle skyrim i think.
---
Remember kids, sentences are like girlfriends. If the period doesn't show up, you're in trouble!
#6SlakrPosted 2/27/2012 7:49:27 AM
When I did that puzzle, I only actually found two of the symbols laying on the ground. You are supposed to have the symbols facing their respective arrows, which you've noted. Since each symbol is used for the puzzle, there are only 3 possibilities. Just try each one.
---
I poisoned my dog so he can't keep chasing that baby giraffe.
#7Jagoros(Topic Creator)Posted 2/27/2012 10:18:30 AM
Yeah I know the picture is behind each pillar or on the floor. I tried putting them in that order, as the pictures state and it didn't work.. so then I started doing random combinations, changing one at a time and then changing them all two at a time. Nothing. I dont understand, I feel like there has to be something more. Does this have anything to do with treasure maps? Do I need an item in my inventory for this puzzle to open?
---
~Jagoros
#8kanated123Posted 2/27/2012 10:31:36 AM
Jagoros posted...
Yeah I know the picture is behind each pillar or on the floor. I tried putting them in that order, as the pictures state and it didn't work.. so then I started doing random combinations, changing one at a time and then changing them all two at a time. Nothing. I dont understand, I feel like there has to be something more. Does this have anything to do with treasure maps? Do I need an item in my inventory for this puzzle to open?

Make sure the pillars are facing the right way, there should be a small arrow on the ground iirc. I had some trouble with that in some puzzle somewhere.
#9Untimely DemisePosted 2/27/2012 10:39:10 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAe-j2gAhRw&feature=fvwp&NR=1
#10Jagoros(Topic Creator)Posted 2/27/2012 3:55:50 PM
Thanks for the video! At least I know I'm doing it correctly, but when I press the switch it still doesn't open. I saw someone comment in the video that you need a treasure map or some sorts. So I guess I'll try to find out what that means.

At least now I know there is nothing really valuable in there. So either my game is glitched or there is a prereq to open it. Thanks.
---
~Jagoros