Best lore friendly player house mod?

#1GoW_In_NHPosted 4/4/2012 12:55:45 PM
I'm looking for a medium sized house, about twice as large as the Markarth home for a comparison, that is lore friendly, and seems natural. The issue I have with many player houses is that they're either too large, and seem vacant, or they're very small and seem cluttered.
---
People who have said nice things about me: 62
Last person to say something nice about me: Snuckie7
#2deathman9Posted 4/4/2012 2:34:56 PM
well.... if you consider a floating dwarven ship to be lore friendly then get that. Has everything you need and it looks awesome. Plus it's convenient because you can fast travel to it.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=13641
---
"The CIA owns everyone of any significance in the major media" --- Former CIA director William Colby
#3GoW_In_NH(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2012 2:42:48 PM
I'm doing a no fast travel playthrough atm (Lotta fun, let me tell you). So fast travel isn't a game changer for me. I had the Dovahkiin Temple mod, but it was so damn enormous... :(
---
#4LeBurns63Posted 4/4/2012 3:10:58 PM
This one may do the trick.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=10763

I also has issue with the non-lore friendly mods.
---
I'm glad your opinion differs from mine. What a boring place this world would be if it didn't.
#5GoW_In_NH(Topic Creator)Posted 4/5/2012 6:17:30 AM
That's a great house, but I find it's too small. Much like Breezehome, I felt constrained.
---
#6DimeronPosted 4/5/2012 7:26:22 AM
Alternatively you can get the mod that enhances Proudspire manor that adds tons of new containers and a blacksmith set to the basement.

I believe it is called Proudspire manor dragonborn edition or something like that. It is very lore friendly since it enhances an existing house. You even have to buy the upgrades for the smithing set.
#7EMTFirefighter9Posted 4/5/2012 6:59:04 PM
Try General Tullius's vacation house:

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=12612
#8deathman9Posted 4/5/2012 8:01:24 PM
GoW_In_NH posted...
I'm doing a no fast travel playthrough atm (Lotta fun, let me tell you). So fast travel isn't a game changer for me. I had the Dovahkiin Temple mod, but it was so damn enormous... :(

I tried to do that once but gave in to fast travel at some parts of the game when all i needed to do was dump some junk items.

But still i think that that ship is the best house out there, and you can still walk to it.
But for your situation you might be better off having something thats in a city so you could at least take the carriage to the city where your home is at.
Unless you think that counts as fast traveling as well.
---
"The CIA owns everyone of any significance in the major media" --- Former CIA director William Colby
#9GoW_In_NH(Topic Creator)Posted 4/5/2012 8:07:55 PM
I've not used a carriage yet, it's actually a lot of fun just getting lost in the woods, happening across a locale only to become engulfed in that places own personal story...
---
#10deathman9Posted 4/5/2012 8:13:48 PM
GoW_In_NH posted...
I've not used a carriage yet, it's actually a lot of fun just getting lost in the woods, happening across a locale only to become engulfed in that places own personal story...

Yes i like doing that 2 but once you've walked through the place like 20-30 times and killed everything there, the excitement of being there disappears very quickly, especially when all you want to do is dump some loot at a shop or a chest.
Thats when i gave in to the fast travel function...
When i could no longer stand having to walk for 20 min in a area with no one attacking me cuz everything is already dead, just to sell some stuff.
---