The kill and killall console command dont work on dragons?

#1squalltheonly10Posted 4/23/2012 9:19:39 PM
I tried killing some dragons using the command but it didnt work, I am using Deadly dragons & dragon swarm mods.
---
Gamertag:squalltheonly PSN:squalltheonly PSP SKYPE:squalltheonly
#2unchartedpwnsPosted 4/24/2012 3:00:01 AM
You have to wait for them to land before they drop dead.
---
http://irfahn-mywritinglife.blogspot.com/
I eat, sleep, write, and play video games.
#3squalltheonly10(Topic Creator)Posted 4/24/2012 7:56:11 AM
Really? Damn dragons wont land when inside town, they land on top of buildings and i guess the kill command dont count that as landing lol
---
Gamertag:squalltheonly PSN:squalltheonly PSP SKYPE:squalltheonly
#4FishmagicianPosted 4/24/2012 7:58:54 AM
Love this game, but I'm still dumbfounded that they thought the vanilla dragon AI was fine as it is.
---
It hides fish!
#5The_AbhorrentPosted 4/24/2012 8:15:37 AM
Yes, the issue with dragons is that they have to be on the ground to die. Not flying, hovering, or perched (on a building/rock/whatever); on the ground. If you can get one to land somewhere, the "kill" and "killall" console commands will work regardless of what the dragon's health is at. Part of the reason for this is that dragons have a special death animation (they rear up for one last roar) instead of just going into a ragdoll state like other NPCs.

I encountered this particular problem making the "Mega Dragons" (x2-3 scale dragons) and "Ultra Dragons" (x8-10 scale dragons) mods; at low health (or dead), their increased size meant they had trouble finding adequate space to land. This was addressed by lowering the threshold for dragons being forced to land (35% health to 1% health) and all but eliminating the clearance radius dragons need to land (256 to 1). It doesn't quite work, but it does help minimize the issues.

Speaking of which, does anyone know how to get dragons to simply ragdoll when dead? It's a scripting issue when it comes to modding, but it would solve one of the major issues with the above mods. Then again, I do know where to find those scripts now and how to tweak them; I just haven't looked at the dragon ones yet.
---
He who isn't afraid to stand by his ideals...
Isn't afraid to stand alone.
#6BombermanGoldPosted 4/24/2012 9:52:59 AM
They usually half-way ragdoll after their "death roar." I've seen a few get into a few funky positions when they're on the ground dead.

Although I find it funny that you can make one powerslide after draining it's health while it's up in the air. Saw that happen once when I fought one on top of a tower: It HAD to land really badly, so just took the path leading toward the tower I was still perched upon...via belly-sliding, of course. Couldn't touch me afterwards (unless I jumped down to greet him). Should've took screenshots.
---
"I will be your superhero!!!"
Xbox GT & PSN ID: BombermanGOLD