The Forsworn Conspiracy Help. Guards won't arrest me.

#1DarkKirby2500Posted 6/9/2012 3:04:34 PM
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:The_Forsworn_Conspiracy

Okay so I started the quest 3 months ago and picked up the game again yesterday. There were some patches since then. Note that I had this same problem 3 months ago, at which point there was no solution as far as I'm aware. Reason I want to finish the quest is mainly to get all these quest items out of my inventory.

I am not Thane.

I killed nobody and got detected by nobody that wasn't required, when I go to the guards in the Talos Shrine the guards take out their sword, say I should leave, then sheath their swords again, repeatedly, instead of arresting me and sending me to the "No One Escapes from Cidhna Mine" quest.

Any way to fix this?
---
1. The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him. 2. They're all complacent sheeple.
<==]-<(-_o)>-[==>
#2Captain_CEPosted 6/9/2012 5:11:25 PM
Go kill a guard, then leave the hold and fast travel back and let them arrest you.
---
well, i got owned-lucasteh5th
http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/5836/watz.png
#3DarkKirby2500(Topic Creator)Posted 6/9/2012 11:07:33 PM
Captain_CE posted...
Go kill a guard, then leave the hold and fast travel back and let them arrest you.

It doesn't work. I get sent to jail normally and "The Forsworn Conspiracy" quest never completes, and "No One Escapes from Cidhna Mine" never starts.
---
1. The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him. 2. They're all complacent sheeple.
<==]-<(-_o)>-[==>
#4DarkKirby2500(Topic Creator)Posted 6/10/2012 12:39:01 AM
Well I didn't think it would work, but apparently using the console to complete "The Forsworn Conspiracy" and to start "No One Escapes from Cidhna Mine" in fact does teleport me into the mine to start the quest. A far as I can tell, there are no negative consequences.
---
<==]-<(-_o)>-[==>