Removing a bounty via console?

#1123mopPosted 8/9/2012 3:00:46 PM
I've recently encountered a glitch where I obtained a bounty for murder, when I murdered some guards who were protecting a prisoner that I freed, so there should not have been any survivors remaining to tell of it except for the prisoner himself.

Now every guard accosts me, even when I'm still stealthed to them (sneak eye only slightly open, typically from other incidents such as using my bow)

Does anyone know what console code I would use to remove this bounty? I tried the player.setcrimegold 0 that was listed in the cheats section, but that did not work.
---
The fun has been DOUBLED!
#2graffffffffikPosted 8/9/2012 3:35:18 PM
There is 9 holds - 9 separate crime zones (more now with dawnguard probably) If dawnguard your out of luck - however if MAIN game you can use a mod

or simply write a text (it is long)

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/14705 will have a mod that will erase them from all holds

or just read the messages there how to make it yourself in a text file
#3DimlhugionaPosted 8/10/2012 2:40:28 AM
If the guards are allowing you to pay a bribe and/or bounty, you could also try using the console command

player.additem 0000000f #

where # is the amount of gold the bribe/bounty would cost.

Then use the gold you acquired this way to pay the guards. The net result should be you being free again without it actually costing you any money (since you're giving yourself the gold from the console).
---
The above post was typed in front of a live studio audience.
#4kougajinPosted 8/10/2012 3:38:37 AM
Try "player.paycrimegold 0 0 #", where # is the hold ID, you still need to have enough money in your pocket though. The first zero is remove stolen items, set it to 1 to have them removed(lol), second zero is going to jail if it's set to 1.
---
Loss means change