GUYS! REVOLUTIONARY new respawn idea!

#1thedarklordx3Posted 12/17/2010 7:52:22 PM
say when you die instead of reloading you make a choice after every death

A) become a ghost(soul drawn to the nearest magical source like a rune or magic stone or magical ruins or near a place full of mages/magicians/wizards etc.) and float back to your body and repossess it bringing you back to life where you were

though the drawbacks would be

1. everyone else can see you and interact with you, all hostiles who can hit ghosts and all guards/anyone else who can hit ghosts who isnt normally hostile will constantly attack you on your way back trying to kill you

2. your really strong by the magic source but you gradually get weaker the further you stray from it making it progressively harder to get to your body

3. there is a limit to how long you can be a ghost(5-10 mins) and how far you can travel before dissapating(obviously has to be longer than the distance to your body at all times

B) the traditional RPG system(reloading last save)

what do you guys think of my revolutionary new system

seems like diehard RPG fans/realism fans/immersion fans now have a realistic respawn system thats all ingame to sink their teeth into

i think it would add a very cool/fun way to respawn as you wish
#2vivalakylePosted 12/17/2010 7:55:10 PM
Whoa, this is extremely innovative.

It's definitely never been used in any ultrapopular MMORPGs. Never.

Never.
#36_Dead_360sPosted 12/17/2010 8:01:53 PM

no

#4thedarklordx3(Topic Creator)Posted 12/17/2010 8:02:24 PM
actually as i was typing it

it sounded like something i heard about everquest lol
#5RaltaPosted 12/18/2010 3:53:38 AM
Hell, even WoW is pretty similar. Actually, I'm almost positive there was a mod for Morrowind that did almost exactly what you've described above...
---
| Intel Core i5 760 2.8GHz | XMS3 4GB DDR3 |
| Samsung F3 1TB 7200RPM | PALiT 896MB GTX275 |
#6pkay45Posted 12/18/2010 4:02:48 AM
I like it, dont worry dude.. haters gonna hate =P
#7gaara999999Posted 12/18/2010 4:11:47 AM
I don't see how 'become a ghost and reposess your body' is all that realistic tbh :d

I would like it the other way around. When you die, you'll become a ghost at the spot where you died. Then you have to find the nearest healer, have him/her/it resurrect your soul and then you have to run back to your body to get your items back.

Or just the traditional game over screen.
---
Your Existance is a plothole - Kaiolini
You aren't on YouTube so this makes your topic not real so hurhurhur. -Drekerr
#8GhostlyCrowPosted 12/18/2010 7:50:03 AM
I'm almost positive there was a mod for Morrowind that did almost exactly what you've described above

This.
---
I love having ZSB moderators. It's like good guys WHO ARE BAD GUYS AS WELL. ~McGray
#9i_am_a_banana5Posted 12/18/2010 9:22:12 AM
Kinda reminds me of Demon Souls.... Which would be cool way to come back if they added in a LAN multiplayer mode where you and a friend would have to do something to bring you back.
#10azzaroksPosted 12/18/2010 4:55:51 PM
I like the idea. It just sounds fun, and makes dying not seem so annoying. Good idea man!

"I'm a warrior! Not a... variety of flower!" - Vegeta