Character Gen

#11k debonairPosted 2/4/2011 7:42:21 PM
I didn't mean to single out your particular use of facegen, but I have to disagree with you.

If the vast majority of the options lead to hideous faces, simply don't use them. But don't take them away just because you find them unnecessary. leave them there so that the people who can make proper use of them can use them to their fullest. Don't dumb down the game just to satisfy the incompetent people.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site.
#12Slyster1181Posted 2/4/2011 7:56:17 PM
I never had a problem creating nice faces in Oblivion.

If its true that there will not be a custom face tool then I am not to happy about that.
---
PSN - JEM-BEAST
STEAM - JCODBF2
#13FaerillisPosted 2/4/2011 8:13:07 PM

Yes "We're going to have premade shapes and then let you tinker with the sizes and positions" = "We're only going to have premades."

I mean ****ing casuals making game designers make esoteric parts of the game 3 people kind of enjoyed more guided while still having almost the exact same capabilities. I mean **** you should have to have an entire spreadsheet to make a semi-decent looking face that doesn't screw up the rest of the body's textures, I mean they don't make cars by taking the really long process and breaking it into simpler, more managable parts...

Oh crap.

#14goldenmouthPosted 2/4/2011 8:34:36 PM
since when was character generation about looking in the mirror to put make-up on?

see this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4b9UGy_RsjA

that's char gen.
#15mrolympia78Posted 2/4/2011 10:30:15 PM
mods - for people who don't like the preset faces
---
From this day forth, I hold Kirk Ferentz 100% for the success and failures of the Iowa football program, both on and off the field. Started 12/08/10
#16Xeno_PredatorPosted 2/5/2011 5:49:01 AM
This whole argument is stupid. Simply keep the facegen but also put in an option for cycling through presets. Everybody's happy.
---
"lol plasma gun. what next a harry potter assault rifle which requires u to say words to shoot it??" - Chutneybhai
#17ThePoetSoldierPosted 2/5/2011 7:27:17 AM
Xeno, from the sound of it, its pretty much the same but you have preset face parts which you can modify.

off the top of my head i think its done Dragon Age Origins, Mass effect games but i know its definitely done in Black Prophecy (i know cause im in the beta for it)
#18gladwyn101Posted 2/5/2011 7:44:09 AM
Why can't they just make it like Fallout 3? They look like actual people and you can make a wide variety.
My main complaint in the character gen in Fallout 3 or New Vegas is the lack of bald for hair and handlebar mustache, so I can't make the Heineman.

"Jamie want big boom."
---
Proud leader of the Pro-Sonic Campaign. Let Sonic never die, and let those who think Sonic is evil or blasphemous be flamed for all eternity by his many fans
#19ThePoetSoldierPosted 2/5/2011 8:09:52 AM
'the Heineman'

this should destroy skyrim let alone any enemies
#20Foxkoun25Posted 2/5/2011 7:24:10 PM
'the Heineman'

Agreeable lol. Just out of curiosity though, how many people have hit random and gotten Michael Jackson's face?
Some restriction or guideline to faces would be great, otherwise ya end up staring confused at a feminine looking face when you're making a male character and vice versa.