I hope we can still encounter Dragons after we beat the game.

#1wolverinev2Posted 3/17/2011 10:58:55 PM
I know that our characters main story line is to rid the world of Dragons, but I hope after the main story is done, that we will still be able to encounter them in the game and fight them.
---
The best 30 seconds of my life.
#2SocranPosted 3/18/2011 12:28:05 AM
Could you enter Oblivion portals after beating that game? I forget. Anyway, I think you need to collect dragon souls to improve your Dragon Shouts, so I don't think you can really be locked out of them. Then again, that might just mean there's a limited number of dragons in the game to begin with...
---
"A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Real men use items... and call them all Trombe!
#3kdread1Posted 3/18/2011 4:25:17 AM
Socran posted...
Could you enter Oblivion portals after beating that game? I forget. Anyway, I think you need to collect dragon souls to improve your Dragon Shouts, so I don't think you can really be locked out of them. Then again, that might just mean there's a limited number of dragons in the game to begin with...

No, at the end of the game you "Shut the jaws, OF OBLIVION" and no more gates appeared.
---
Lost Karma Counter: 3
PSN: kdread1
#4koopabros64Posted 3/18/2011 6:05:06 PM
I don't see why already escaped dragons would just disappear. At the very least they should keep enough to complete the dragon shouts.
---
The Platypus the reason games like spore exist.
#5YTryAtMW2Posted 3/19/2011 7:06:39 AM
i dont see this as being that big of a deal. i don't know but i think dragons are going to be a kind of special event that happens every once in a while, kind of like the oblivion gates in oblivion. and even if u do encounter dragons often in the story mode would you really miss fighting them. i cant know for sure but i dont think i would.
---
Not changing sig until I get a better internet connection :[
Date started: 9/23/10
#6FatTony36Posted 3/19/2011 8:31:19 AM
I'll be interested to see how they handle this. On the one hand, they say you can see dragons flying around the open world and so forth, so I imagine that you could pick a fight with one of them at any time if you are able to get their attention and you are in the right place at the right time - or wrong place at the wrong time if you prefer.

However, as stated above, they are closely tied to the main story line. There could very well be only one dragon for each dragon shout ability. Otherwise, you'd be killing dragons and not unlocking new dragon shouts. That's not an issue, as far as I'm concerned. They could have multiple dragons using the same shout powers, so that killing a dragon with a shout power that you already have will not yield a new ability, just a cool dragon fight and whatever else comes from vanquishing a dragon. If they want to hold back on the dragon shouts, keep some of the shout powers restricted to dragons in more scripted battles, like in a cave that the main quest line takes you to. Hard to balance scripted vs unscripted gameplay, I suppose. Just keeping them in the open world and not having them swarm you like cliff racers is a challenge in itself.
#7SocranPosted 3/19/2011 2:38:49 PM
Actually, killing dragons doesn't teach you a new Dragon Shout. You just "absorb their souls", which somehow helps to increase the number of shouts you can learn, or something... The shouts themselves are learned by examining walls with dragon text scratched on them, at which point certain words will stand out to you and you'll learn one of the three words in a Dragon Shout. Maybe each word will only start to "stand out" once you've gathered a certain number of souls, or something.
---
"A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Real men use items... and call them all Trombe!
#8i_am_a_banana5Posted 3/19/2011 4:24:58 PM
I hope we can still play the game after we beat the main quest.
#9kdread1Posted 3/21/2011 1:09:14 AM
i_am_a_banana5 posted...
I hope we can still play the game after we beat the main quest.

This. F having to buy DLC just to keep playing the game!!!
---
Lost Karma Counter: 3
PSN: kdread1
#10Darksaber310Posted 3/22/2011 1:28:11 AM
Honestly, DLC isn't a bad idea at all. I don't mind it one bit. It's a great way to keep the game companies providing us with content for the things we enjoy, while being able to make money for themselves for other projects. After Fallout 3, they'd be insane not to support their game with DLC. The problem I have is with day zero DLC, where you pay for an unlock key for things they had time to make BEFORE they went gold. Complete BS. We own all content on the disc we purchased, if they want to release a day zero DLC, at minimum don't have it done in time to go out with the disc.... seriously...
---
Once again snatching defeat,
From the jaws of victory.