Skyrim for PC. Do you think i can use a controller?

#1fanboy317Posted 7/18/2011 6:25:09 PM
I have oblivion for both PC and Xbox. I love my mods and my pc can run just about anything so im picking it up for that. but i really like playing it with a controller hovering over my keyboard and using my mouse isnt comfortable for long game periods. So does anyone think i can set up a controller of some sort to play it.

Kinda like with my Crysis how i used my Xbox controller. If such a thing already exists feel free to harass me for not researching before i post
#2arkboundPosted 7/18/2011 6:31:13 PM
If you have a wired usb xbox controller it should automatically work.
#3DenkyuuPosted 7/18/2011 6:54:10 PM
I'm curious about a combination, actually... Could we set ALL of the controls to the controller except for the hotkeys? i would love to just be able to reach down and mash the numpad with my pinkey without moving from the controls themselves.
---
Your intelligence has decreased by 1 point.
#4KiThirstyPosted 7/19/2011 12:35:47 AM
Whether or not Skyrim supports controllers, you should be able to come up with a decent configuration using the same method as described on UESP for Oblivion:

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Controls#Xbox_360_Controller_for_Windows

Using this method should allow you to still use the keyboard for hotkeys.
#5deimos91Posted 7/19/2011 6:02:44 PM
ewwww why would u do that it would be rape
---
Steam Fartman91
#6SythisTaruPosted 7/19/2011 6:13:52 PM

I'm sure you'll be able to, especially if it's games for windows (hopefully). I can't play Fallout 3 without using my xbox controller. The stutter caused by the grass (not low framerate, it's just a problem with the Gamebryo engine) makes mouse aiming almost unplayable. Also, the lack of rumble really hurts immersion. They need to come up with some kind of cool features for the mouse/keyboard to help with immersion; maybe heating/cooling depending on the settings your in in-game? (A hot desert, or cold snowy area, etc.) I dunno, heh :P

#7deimos91Posted 7/19/2011 8:00:33 PM
all bethesda recent games are steamworks so it will not be GFWL
---
Steam Fartman91
#8peter_888Posted 7/19/2011 11:50:46 PM(edited)
deimos91 posted...
ewwww why would u do that it would be rape

he said he's going to use the controller because using the controller was more comfortable to him then using the keyboard and mouse.