Bought my computer not with playing games in mind but how would this run?

#1Rock HotPosted 7/27/2011 5:39:57 PM
Hypothetically.

Intel Core i7 920
2.67 Ghz
6gb Ram
radeon hd 4890 video card

Considering getting Skyrim for PC. I think the only game I've really played on this was Starcraft 2.
---
What's she gonna do? Be quiet at me?
#2htoole21Posted 7/27/2011 6:57:56 PM
Not trying to jack your thread, just thought I'd put this in here so that it didn't clutter up the forum.

2.5GHz quad-core Intel Core i5 with 6MB on-chip shared L3 cache
4GB (two 2GB) of 1333MHz DDR3 memory
AMD Radeon HD 6750M graphics processor with 512MB of GDDR5 memory

Could I run it? and maybe on High settings? Don't know much about computers.
---
PSN: Ole-Tripp
University of Clemson Class of '13.
#3Eneru112Posted 7/27/2011 11:47:04 PM

Rock Hot posted...
Hypothetically.

Intel Core i7 920
2.67 Ghz
6gb Ram
radeon hd 4890 video card

Considering getting Skyrim for PC. I think the only game I've really played on this was Starcraft 2.
---
What's she gonna do? Be quiet at me?

Radeon sucks but damn that's a lot of ram. You'll run it on medium-high I predict

#4Wand3rerPosted 7/27/2011 11:52:08 PM
yeah both of you can run it farely well No worries

But Ultra High Not sure about it Cuz of Game not being released yet .
#5kingofjamaicaPosted 7/28/2011 5:37:00 AM
I keep seeing people say 6GB is a lot of RAM, but it seems like it wouldn't be much when 8GB is only $80. I know I plan to get 8GB when I build my computer for this fall.
---
At some point, you're going to have to talk to a tree and do what it says. - Arbor Day Rule, Grand List of RPG Cliches.
#6FoxxyFelineeePosted 7/28/2011 7:20:46 AM
That's cause Ram is really cheap, anything over 8GB is pretty much overkill unless you plan on having hundreds of tabs while playing games.
---
| PSN: Mc_Lulz | R
#7htoole21Posted 7/28/2011 9:42:29 AM
someone sent me to this site game-debate, and according to them, I can run it on high with my proccessor and ram, but mid with my graphics.

So I'm saying I could run it on mid settings, worth getting it for pc still if I have a console?
---
#8youlikepustulioPosted 7/28/2011 10:36:48 AM

someone sent me to this site game-debate, and according to them, I can run it on high with my proccessor and ram, but mid with my graphics.

So I'm saying I could run it on mid settings, worth getting it for pc still if I have a console?

Of course it's worth it. Consoles will be mid and I'd think your laptop would probably net mid-high, plus PC has mods. Some mods increase performance so you can turn other stuff up too.
---
Probably the toughest time in anyone's life is when you have to murder a loved one because they're the devil.
#9CapoMafiaPosted 7/28/2011 12:42:22 PM
htoole21 posted...
Not trying to jack your thread, just thought I'd put this in here so that it didn't clutter up the forum.

2.5GHz quad-core Intel Core i5 with 6MB on-chip shared L3 cache
4GB (two 2GB) of 1333MHz DDR3 memory
AMD Radeon HD 6750M graphics processor with 512MB of GDDR5 memory

Should run it fine. I imagine it'll run better than it will on the consoles. The GPU isn't great, but it's decent. It'll be helped along since you're probably already playing at a smaller resolution anyways seeing as it's a laptop.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/Butch_Deadlift
If you're really into the classic fantasy stylings of Tolkien, I highly recommend The Very Hungry Caterpillar. - Tani
#10htoole21Posted 7/28/2011 12:55:20 PM
not a laptop, a imac. 21.5' screen.

As long as you guys so it will run and look just as well as the console version i'm getting it for the pc. I have a windows 7 partition because I already have oblivion and morrowind. Those and Counter Strike Source are the only games I play on my computer. CSS on mac osx through stream.

Thinking of getting Fallout 3 soon, I can't remember if dungeons reload after a period of time or not.. but i'm sure there are mods for that.
---