creating a paladin build

#1saint32Posted 10/15/2011 2:57:09 PM
okay so im trying to come up w good paladin builds but not sure what should be specialized in. i kno you dont want many specializations to maximize your skill in each.
1handed (mace)
shield
heavy armor
restoration
these are the musts but is that enough or should more be added to this? what else would be needed for a paladin build, possibly speech i suppose but i never really cared for it much.
#2jsmith0730Posted 10/15/2011 3:08:52 PM
If you plan on RPing to any extent, yes I would take Speechcraft. Otherwise I guess you could not bother with it. But remember in this game there will be no major/minor skills. You level up what you use.
#3saint32(Topic Creator)Posted 10/15/2011 3:13:07 PM
im def not a rp'r but will try for this build because i want to try to create as pure of a paladin as possible
#4OhaiderePosted 10/15/2011 3:15:02 PM

saint32 posted...
okay so im trying to come up w good paladin builds but not sure what should be specialized in. i kno you dont want many specializations to maximize your skill in each.
1handed (mace)
shield
heavy armor
restoration
these are the musts but is that enough or should more be added to this? what else would be needed for a paladin build, possibly speech i suppose but i never really cared for it much.

Going from the Morrowind "Knight" c|ass yeah, I'd say add Speechcraft and Enchanting (use of magic items) and you'll be set. But as the above poster mentioned, you'll have to make a concerted effort to use them if you want to pull them ahead of the rest and, you know, be a paladin :P

#5IcewitchPosted 10/15/2011 4:19:50 PM
My 2nd character's going to be a paladin, here's the skills I plan on using and perking:

Heavy Armor: Obvious.
One-Handed: Increase your damage output with 1h swords, maces.
Block: Get shield bash perks, better block, defense, etc.
Smithing: Make your own high-tier armor and weapons.
Restoration: Healing magic.
Alteration: Shield magic and other buffs.
Speech: I figure the Paladin is chivalrous and has a decent ability to converse with people civilly.
---
S K Y R I M
1 1 . 1 1 . 1 1
#6FreyonPosted 10/15/2011 6:23:42 PM
You might also want to make use of heal and turn undead spells for maximum RP factor.
#7saint32(Topic Creator)Posted 10/15/2011 6:30:53 PM
Freyon posted...
You might also want to make use of heal and turn undead spells for maximum RP factor.

yea i think those are both under restoration, i have that listed
#8FreyonPosted 10/15/2011 6:40:43 PM
Oh yeah I didn't see that, seems you have everything figured out, however not all paladins use shields or maces, some also do 2-handed, anyways all you need is a set of knightly gear and perhaps a cape, maybe someone can mod in a couple shouts that would simulate paladin skills like Lay on Hands, I say shout because of the cooldowns.
#9saint32(Topic Creator)Posted 10/19/2011 2:18:17 PM
yea some pally shouts and a cape would be a great idea for mods frey... i chose the mace because during the demo vids i really like the look of them, plus i want this to be my shield using char. ugh im getting excited for skyrim