Could someone explain how the difficulty level work for me?

#1FallentPosted 11/4/2011 7:32:10 PM

The impression I'm under is, as you level, regardless of where you travel etc, if you're level 12, your enemies will also be level 12? Something along those lines?

No such thing as normal/hard mode etc?

#2Crimson PhantomPosted 11/4/2011 7:43:50 PM
yeah their are difficulties

easy - insane ttbomk

they scale the enemy but the level stays the same

areas have fixed levels

so if you are level 12 and you travel to an area that can be level 5-10 for the first time that area is locked at 10

if you then travel to an area that is 40-50 for the first time as that level 12 the enemies are locked in at 40

if you go to an area that is 10-15 for the first time at level 12 the enemies will be locked in at level 12
---
i7 2600k 5.4 (!) GHZ | H70 Hydro Cooling | 1TB SATA3 6GB/S HHD | 8 GB DDR3-1600 Dominator Ram | AMD Radeon HD 6970 | 850W Power
#3Omnipotent_CowPosted 11/4/2011 7:44:06 PM
No, all enemies have floors and ceilings as to how far they can level. Also, there is a difficulty slider, allowing you to fine tune how hard you want the game to be.
#4morgensternPosted 11/4/2011 10:03:11 PM
This is incorrect there is no difficulty slider like Oblivion just 5 difficulty levels that you can change between at any time like in Fallout.

Novice = Very Easy
Apprentice = Easy
Adept = Normal
Expert = Hard
Master = Very Hard

Not yet sure how the difficulty affect level scaling if at all.
#5Omnipotent_CowPosted 11/4/2011 10:59:52 PM

This is incorrect there is no difficulty slider like Oblivion just 5 difficulty levels that you can change between at any time like in Fallout.

Novice = Very Easy
Apprentice = Easy
Adept = Normal
Expert = Hard
Master = Very Hard

What?! Goddammit Bethesda, was it so hard to keep it in, or were you afraid the console players would go into convulsions upon sight of any non-standard difficulty scale?
#6james362Posted 11/4/2011 11:03:24 PM

What?! Goddammit Bethesda, was it so hard to keep it in, or were you afraid the console players would go into convulsions upon sight of any non-standard difficulty scale?

Its a console game afaik >_> its only being ported to the PC so yes im sure most of the things they are doing are to cater to console gamers.
#7SuperemppuPosted 11/5/2011 7:36:11 AM
Do you really think that you need a difficulty slider? The 5 options are easily enough.
Just because something is unique, doesn't mean that it's any good.
---
My GT5 photo album:
http://s849.photobucket.com/albums/ab53/emponator/Gran%20Turismo%205/?start=all
#8kidnaturalPosted 11/5/2011 9:21:46 AM

Omnipotent_Cow posted...

Novice = Very Easy
Apprentice = Easy
Adept = Normal
Expert = Hard
Master = Very Hard

Are you serious? That difficulty slider was absolute broken trash.

Higher the difficulty means the more damage they do and less damage you dish out? Wtf? A Goblin Warlord breaks my Umbra before I can kill it with force? An old civilian lady can give a level 20 character a punch with their fist1 time and you'll have a large chunk of your health removed? Rats almost kill you and it takes multiple hits with yourWarhammer to take one down?

Absolute garbage. What they needed is actual difficulty levels, and the harder the difficulty, the higher the enemy level scaling is. You don't need to be running into level 60 mud crabs because Mudcrabs aren't that threatening to begin with (They all don't need to be as tough as Crawmerax the Invincible), however, Dragons and Frost Trolls should be lurking around atoften significantlyhigher levels.

#9Fallent(Topic Creator)Posted 11/5/2011 11:35:24 AM

kidnatural posted...

Omnipotent_Cow posted...

Novice = Very Easy
Apprentice = Easy
Adept = Normal
Expert = Hard
Master = Very Hard

Are you serious? That difficulty slider was absolute broken trash.

Higher the difficulty means the more damage they do and less damage you dish out? Wtf? A Goblin Warlord breaks my Umbra before I can kill it with force? An old civilian lady can give a level 20 character a punch with their fist1 time and you'll have a large chunk of your health removed? Rats almost kill you and it takes multiple hits with yourWarhammer to take one down?

Absolute garbage. What they needed is actual difficulty levels, and the harder the difficulty, the higher the enemy level scaling is. You don't need to be running into level 60 mud crabs because Mudcrabs aren't that threatening to begin with (They all don't need to be as tough as Crawmerax the Invincible), however, Dragons and Frost Trolls should be lurking around atoften significantlyhigher levels.

That sounds much better in my opinion. I'm glad of the new system they are bringing in with standard difficulty levels and not scaleling. I fully agree with you, should be much better now there wont be level 40 rats capable of destroying entire towns.